Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

some fish

Old 07-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default some fish

here is a pick of the misses 3 best fish, didn't weigh any of them just fishing for fun, i had a limit of keepers (just 15" keepers)[&:], today i was glad to get spanked[:-][&o], her big fish was the last cast of the day[:-]

Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: some fish

Hey,man those are some nice fish. What lake where you fishing at?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Dominant Buck

man..I wish you had weights on her fish..I'd liketo get her on board..Do you folks eat those bass? I know my neighbor loves them..I kept 3 for them the other day.
nice PICS !!! and nice fish!!
C7
Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

nice bass .and good pics.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

What lake where you fishing at?
guntersville, NE alabama

I wish you had weights on her fish..I'd liketo get her on board..Do you folks eat those bass?
i keep telling myself to get a battery for my scale[:@][&:], and no, we are strictly C&R, besides bass taste like mud[:'(], give me some crappie or jacks[8D]
Old 07-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

I went to guntersville a couple weekends ago we caught one at the state park and that was it we usually catch more near Morgans cove.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

What kind of bait did you catch them on?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Keith, you andI are the only onesI know in the south that eat jacks..everyone I've talked to refers to them as junk fish..good ole chain pickeral
Chuck
PS Keith...you may not beleive it but Rapala's mechanical spring scale is the most accurate I've found...it sells for 9.99 at Warmart..I have a professional post office scale as well that I use for ebay...and the ole Rapala is dead right on to the ounce.. I've had it for at least 5 years.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keith, you andI are the only onesI know in the south that eat jacks..everyone I've talked to refers to them as junk fish..good ole chain
pickeral

eghwww, i was talking about sauger[:-]

PS Keith...you may not beleive it but Rapala's mechanical spring scale is the most accurate I've found...it sells for 9.99 at Warmart..I have a professional post office scale as well that I use for ebay...and the ole Rapala is dead right on to the ounce.. I've had it for at least 5 years.
i like my electronic scale just fine, i mainlyuse it for culling purposes any way, after that somebody else is gonna be weighing them

I went to guntersville a couple weekends ago we caught one at the state park and that was it we usually catch more near Morgans cove.What kind of bait did you catch them on?
guntersville seems like right now is feast or famine, went thru. and caught five fish all day[&o]...sunday afternoon sarted really slow, but we ended up on fire catching them mainly on 6" zoom watermellon lizard, both texas rigged and carolina rigged, in 9'-12',,, also caught a ton up top on pop- "R"'s [8D] mostly 12-15" fish though[:@]... i mainly fish creeks up river from siebold up (south sauty, boshart, north sauty, jones, town creek, mud and raccoon) caught these out in front of mink creek old river ledge...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

MT..
We don't have Saugers down here..sorry about the mistake..We call chain pickeral Jacks..and I love them..they are very bony but when baked at 250 for a few hours and vinegar in the cavity ..they are great.The vinegar dissolves the bones..

Is this the lure you speak of?/
[&:][&:][&:]I found alot of them and trashed them..I can't beleive they catch fish..[&:]sorry partner..

Quick Reply: some fish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.