Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing The Caroling Rig ? >

Fishing The Caroling Rig ?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing The Caroling Rig ?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Fishing The Caroling Rig ?

I started trying to fish the caroilna style instead of texas rig.
Is there a certin way to fish the carolina rig?
I know it casts way different than Texas rig.

So how do yall fish caroilna rig.

Thank You

Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fishing The Caroling Rig ?

I was told by a friend to fish the carolina rig off of deep points.I would flip it into bushes and brush piles .He still told me I was fishing it wrong.When I boated 4 bass around 6 or 7 # each .He told me he was not taking me fishing anymore ,and to not even come by his house to play horseshoes.....LOL
Old 06-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

i mainly use it in deeper water 10+ less than that i'll stick with texas rigged, however the misses and i have heard a bunch of other people also like fishing it with a lighter weight 1/4-1/2oz in narrow water, the wife will fish it in 4' and she catches fish doing it[&:]. as far as how, probably not a right or wrong way just figureing out what the fish want, i have barely drug them around and caught fish and i have worked them fairly quickly and caught fish, which is one thing i like about a c-rig you can cover a bunch of water and you get a really good idea of whats down there

one thing i'll add, leader lenght will affect your hooksets, shorter is best, use as long a rod as possible with a good sweeping hookset, and have some travel room to pick up the slack

some people like braid for the main line, i got mixed emotions about that[&:], you can feel every pebble on the bottom[:-], and everything feels like a bite[:-], when a fish does hit its like running over a brick with a lawnmower, there is no doubt
Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

you play horse shoes too..we need to have a picnic.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Johnny..I do a modified Carolina Rig...I simply slide my pegged bullet sinker about 18 inches in front of my Texas Rig..if I think the bullet might slip ..I can crimp a small split shot to it..does it work..Yep..caught lots this way..I use this when going over thick vegetation between 4 foot and 15 foot..On a slow day I'll drift 2 rods like this letting the wind power me..I hold both rods..works pretty darn good..one of my best tactics for sloooow days.

Below is the correct was to Carolina Rig..
Carolina Rig Made Easy

[align=center][/align].
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive used something simular to carolina rig real shallow.....

tie a swivel onto your main line
then get yourself a leader line about 15-20 inches inches long.
get a floating worm or a 4 inch Crawbait
and a good hook.

crimp one of these

above the swivel in1/8th - 3/8th oz (the size of the weight effects the actoin of the worm.....or you can use a small splitshot if you want to be able to fish a little faster or deeper than weightless.

i fish like this in 3 foot of water...and jack jaws all the time.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

whats the purpose of the bead on the carolina rig, and does anybody know if the Berkley Chigger Craws float?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

well if the sinker (weight) slides up ad down on the line you dont want it banging directly on your swivel/knot so you put a bead on to cusion it.

they all float somewhat.....
if its labled a floating craw then it will be Bouyant enuff to float when rigged with a hook. the floating ones really dance around on the end of your line
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

its not if I remember correctly, so I was hoping somebody would have experience with it. Guess I'll just have to find out in the sink when i get home, haha.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

The reason for the bead..

It's to my understanding that the bead between the sinker and barrel swivel is there to make a clacking sound...it's sends an alarm to the lateral line of the bass to encourage him or her to strike..

Sometimes Instead of worm rattles..some fishermen will put a red bead between the bullet sinker and the eye of the hook..to attract and to clack/ rattle;..

Quick Reply: Fishing The Caroling Rig ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.