Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Ok..making the big plunge..I'm joining a Bass Club. >

Ok..making the big plunge..I'm joining a Bass Club.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ok..making the big plunge..I'm joining a Bass Club.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Ok..making the big plunge..I'm joining a Bass Club.

Well,
I'm joining the Lakeland Bassmasters ...as a non boater..
A fellow teacher has been in it for a bout 20 years..He loves it ..

I have to hurry up and join B.A.S.S before I can join..I need that B.A.S.S. number..they do fish alot of lakes and I'm sure it will be exciting..I will join B.A.S.S. tonight.

http://www.lakelandbassmasters.org/

Has anyone ever had a bad expereince ...I'm the nervous sort..so before I join let's look at the pros and cons..

Pros..
A. I will fish lakes I wouild never have fished ..ever..
I've already seen the lakes they will fish.One of them is the Big Okchobee.
B. I'll get the thrill of fishing from a Bass boat
I've only fished in one serious tournament in my life ..I loved it and caught my limit..but they were too small to win..still had a blast.
C. I've got the money so money is not a big deal this year..
D. I talked to the president about 30 minutes ago and they are expecting me to join May 12th..
E. I could get lucky and win..

Negatives..
A. Tournaments are on Sundays.not too bad..We have church in our own home which can be anytime..as early as 4:00AM
B. you never fish with the same boater..your name is drawn from a hat...and some boaters are nice and some are filthy mouthed and mean as a snake..[&o]not sure I can handle that..
C. you are expected to give money to the boater for gas and stuff..not sure how much..1o years ago was 20.00 ..not too bad..sure beats buying a new boat.
D. there is no separate money pool ..boaters and non boaters are in one lump cash pool..
E.It's every man for themself so the no boater will not get a good set up fishing..the boater gets all the advantages..

You all know my temperment..do you think I can handle this kind of pressure?/I'm not sure..I figure..hey ..why not try it for one year. There has to be some other Christians in the club..A fellow school teacher is and loves it..He is Randy Pack..if you check out the link you can see his name where he was drawn and put with a boater..I have fished with Randy and fun tournaments and have taken his money everytime.I fished with him in a serious tournamnet..he was the boater driving a Ranger ..I was a non boater ..first time at the lake and out fished him..He was ticked.[8D]he had me sticking out in the middle of the lake where he flipped cat tails..I had no choice but to tie on a Rooster Tail and hope for the best..Mr. Rooster tail got bit 5 good times.
God bless,
C7
Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ok..making the big plunge..I'm joining a Bass Club.

im part of one but im a jr im in the good ol boys bass club in NY i have my first tournament this saturday i think the benfits are worth it
Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for responding man..One of the members I may get to fish with went to the classics this year..Bobby Lane..he out fished Keven Van Dam.Bobby is a member of the Lakeland BassMasters as well.I found this on line.

Bobby Lane Makes The Cut

In Bobby Lane’s first appearance at a Bassmaster Classic event he made the cut to fish the final day. With 51 anglers competing in this year’s classic, only have the field moves on to fish the 3rd day. While Bobby Lane may not have won the Classic he made it known that he is a force to reckoned with. Bobby Lane pulled out a 16th place finish ahead of such fishing greats as Dean Rojas, Shaw Grisby and Kevin VanDam. Be sure to check back often to see how Bobby’s success continues in 2009.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I just read the rules..

The tip to the boater is 30.00 not bad..

Good news..The boater has to share the front of the boat a 1/2 day..The boater chooses first which half of the day he wants..not too shabby.[8D] Here lately I've been catching my fish in the late part anyway..mornings have been slow..

The prizes at the end of the year are not shabby either..
G Loomis rods..electronic scales etc..and LOTS of prizes..

I could try this a year and see how it goes..I can always quit..You never really know till ya get out there and see.

Let's look at the money facts per month..

30.00 tip.minimum [:-]
35.00 tourny
5.00 big bass pot.
10.00 lunch
Total per month..80.00 1/3 of my monthly allowance....need to think

What do you guys think..?
Please be honest..i love straight up truthful answers..
Old 05-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Well,my wife wants to buy me a nice boat fo rmy birhtday,,but concrning the bass club..she knows my temperment pretty good and doesn't think I will like it..and 80.00 a month aint cheap..

So..zi'm undecided..leaning toward not..

On the other hand we have about 30 different open tournaments monthly..where you just show up and it has 100% payoff..
Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive done both, and I prefer the open tournamnets, but club tournaments are also good to fish in. You get more comraderie there. I always fished as the non-boater with my dad though, so no problems there, but I am a very passive-aggressive person, and it really REALLY takes a lot to push me over the edge and make me go off on someoneand that allows me to fish with almost anyone. I say buy a better boat right now, and fish the opens that you want, then if money gets better and you win a couple of them, then go to the clubs and work your way up. Thats just my opinion, buddy.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Ive done both, and I prefer the open tournamnets, so do I ..and have decided to go that way..but club tournaments are also good to fish in. You get more comraderie there. I always fished as the non-boater with my dad though, so no problems there, but I am a very passive-aggressive person, and it really REALLY takes a lot to push me over the edge and make me go off on someoneand that allows me to fish with almost anyone. that is good..I'm not..Yes..I have gotten a grip on my anger..but why suffer in H E L L by fishing with someone who may be constantly cursing GOd or something..I'm the type { And have done this} to say pull the boat on the shore and walk home..I've walked 35 miles before..therefore..I think I'll continue as I am..Don't get me wrong..I do turn the cheek..but i also have a boiling point..and continually cursing especially using God's name in vain or Jesus..gets me boiling fast..I would never freak on anyone again or get loud..or i your face..I'd simply get my tackle and start walking..I say buy a better boat right now, and fish the opens that you want,
AMEN Brent..that is my feelings as well.My wife saif I can get whatever I need.She loves me..Hey ..by the way thanks for turning me on to Power Pro and the Trick worm..I'm getting good with the Trick worm.

then if money gets better and you win a couple of them, then go to the clubs and work your way up. Thats just my opinion, buddy.
Appreciate you Brent..and if your ever in my neck of the woods..let me know..We will have fun,
C7

Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Chuck

I feel your pain, I am a member of a club, I don't fish many of there events for mutiplie reasons, I own a big boat that I never get to use, i think the birds use it for a nest more than i do. Clubs are good to a point but you can get very frustrated at them fast and then possibly loose a lot of friends you have made a long the way. Stick with the Open evnts, you will enjoy yourself more in the long run
Old 05-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Partner,
I just called a tackle shop that has ALOT of open tournies..bi weekly.

My questions and answers..

C7..Ron, do I have to have boater's insurance?
Ron.."no sir..that is optional."

C7..ROn, do I have to have a live well..
Ron.."no sir..that is optional..an aeriated cooler is fine."

C7..Ron..do I have to have an outboard.."no sir..a trolling motor is fine."

So..I guess I'm good to go.Must have running lights but I can swing that.

Thanks for the replies guys..I really appreciate it.I'm sticking with the open tournies and may go with a bigger boat though..not too big but 10 foot is a little small.Now it sounds like fun again
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill take you up on that one day, and vice-versa for you too buddy. I cant really d oto much right now because of my age and my parents that dont want me going out to meet someone from the net, but I understand because i would be the same way. I just need an aluminum boat to tkae around the rivers here, and Ill get one pretty soon, but until then I depend on others and ponds. I just spend to much time in the offshore boat.

That little trick worm will work wonders once you figure out how they want it, same with a senko.

Quick Reply: Ok..making the big plunge..I'm joining a Bass Club.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.