Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 May 2nd fishing reports ..let's here it.. >

May 2nd fishing reports ..let's here it..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

May 2nd fishing reports ..let's here it..

Old 05-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: May 2nd fishing reports ..let's here it..

I've noticed ..around cat-tails..which is sandy..or hard bottom..
Old 05-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the reply Chuck, so I am guessing it would be around areas that provide shelter for them. Unlike smallmouths that head into shallow and rocky shoals that are more open.. I will be checking them out with in the week sometime when I can get the chance..
Old 05-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was out tonight, the 10th, for a bit. My brother called me bout an hour before dark and said he was at the river getting some channel cats. I picked up a pole and a thing of worms out of my fridge and went down to pass time, was not really in the mood to do any serious fishing. Well, i should have taken a camera, and probably a lantern too. I didn't get a thing until right at dark, then i hit a 2.3 pound smallie. Ended up with 5 total, all caught in the dark on nighcrawlers under a glow float, the last one was my biggest and it went 2 pounds 11 ounces according to my scale, although it looked bigger to me. One of the biggest smallies i have caught out of that river. I'll go back a day or two this week with the purpose of getting one or 2 for the tourney.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I was worried about the camera flash..If I go dark fishing I plan to put my big fish in a cooler till daylight and then take a pic and release..

Old 05-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the reply Chuck, so I am guessing it would be around areas that provide shelter for them. Unlike smallmouths that head into shallow and rocky shoals that are more open.. I will be checking them out with in the week sometime when I can get the chance..
Phil

Places I've seen them...

A. water 3-5 feet right in the lily pads, cat-tails or any other aquantic plants..

B, OR in the shallow weedy flats..

C. off of points or islands ..rock bars..

Mainly 2- 4 feet deep around heavy structures..But in my area during spawning season..Mostly all tournament guys go straight for the cat tails and start pitching or flipping..Now in my area that the bass are finished spawning..I rely on the long cast...and fish the deeper water close to the spawing areas..ledges..drop offs.etc..Mornings...long cast top water..they all feed shallow during that 1 st hour...New moon is TOPS and west winds are best winds.
Summary..Have Fun!!