Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 I'm no longer a Rooster tail man.. >

I'm no longer a Rooster tail man..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I'm no longer a Rooster tail man..

Old 04-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default I'm no longer a Rooster tail man..

Well Folks,
I'm no longer the Rooster Tail man..I have found a new love with many more benefits..I love the Booyah 1/4 ounce Tanden Spinnerbaits..
7 good reasons I switched.
1.Line twist..

Rooster will kink up line within 3 hours ..I saw a video ..The Rooster slowly spins in a circle during the retrieve...need to use a snap swivel..and I don't like extra hardware on my line.
Booyah..stays up right ..does not twist..

2.Hook Sets..Rooster ..even in the 3 inch model has a small trebel hook..The odds of a fish shaking off is great..I lost a 12 pounder once in 1981.[&o][:@]The next week a shiner fisherman caught it.12 1/2 pounds[&o]

The 1/4 ounce Booyah Spinner bait has one 3/0 worm sized hook..Great hook sets.Straight through the upper mouth.This is a big plus.

3.Rooster is tough for the beginner to use..getting the willow blade to turn takes skill..
Booyah..anyone can use it on any speed reel right out of the package.

4.I can only find big Roosters through Cabelas...1/4 ounce Tanden SPinnerbaits can be found in any Walmart..Save on shipping and quicker to get as well.

5.Rooster Tails can not be fished in the weeds..Tanden Spinnerbaits can be and I catch much more fish than even my ole trusty Rooster..In FLorida..the bass are in the weeds./

..6.They both can catch BIG bass but the average bass on a Rooster.. 1/2 pound to 1 1/2 pounds.
The average Booyah ..1 pound to 3 pounds..

7.The hackle on the Rooster Tail begins to fall apart and discolor as soon as it's fished.
Booyjah..is still snow white BUT I have had to replace 2 willow blades..the bass knocked them off during fights..

The biggest blessing and reason for the switch..no more line twist.. bigger hook and can fish in the vegetation.

Here it is except I only use white ..to match the hatch

Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 AM

Default RE: I'm no longer a Rooster tail man..

I would highly recommend give terminator spinnerbaits a try. Thats all i fish they are titainium and will not break the wire arm like a booyah will occasionally. Just a thought it is well worth the extra money.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Apprciate that partner..
Probalby just about any Tanden SPinner Bait in 1/4 ounce would be good..
Fact..if we had money on this tourny I would not be sharing the spinner bait information..actually I wouldn't be sharing nothing.

Also jigs...I get many more bite using 3/16th ounce..smaller stuff wotks easier therough weeds..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

The only spinnerbait in my box (I counted 78 spinnerbaits) is War Eagle. They are #1 spinnerbaits in my opinion. They will catch fish, I caught a 6lber on one (1/2oz Green Shad) and a 6lber is a giant around here.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Heres a War Eagle SPinnerbait this is the color"Mouse" on their web site you can't really tell the colors.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a big fan of the Road Runner myself. Caught lots
of fish of many species.
White & chartruse(sp?) are my favorite colors.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I've got some and used them..never gotten a bite yet..
I was almost getting ready to sell 20 3/8 ounce Rooster Tails to you all..till I remembered one species they are deadly on and I love to eat them..Sunshine Bass..

A Sunshine Bass is a Florida hybred which is part Striped Bass and part White Bass..GREAT FIGHTERS and GREAT EATTING..Also pickeral love Roosters..and i love to eat pickeral..bones and all.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Texas also crosses Striped bass and White bass.
They're referred to as Hybrid bass here and yes,
they are a great game fish.

(I've caught them on Road Runners before[8D])

Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

I caught them by accident once..on white Rooster Tails and I also caught just as many on small jigs. I have a flash drive at shool .Let's see if I can download a picture of some Rooster Tail caught hybreds..and I was 80 pounds lighter..WOW!! it worked..I amaze myself sometimes..LOL

Old 04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like using those little rubber frogs in around the weeds up here as well. There is something about those little frogs that bass love..

Quick Reply: I'm no longer a Rooster tail man..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.