Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing "Myths"...

Old 04-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fishing "Myths"...

not so much myths, excuses that i have been told why i cant fish, just wondering if there is any truth to them. "its too windy", "it just rained yesterday","the water is too cold" etc....add any and say why they are bull spit
Old 04-28-2009, 02:34 PM

Default RE: Fishing "Myths"...

Well I know the rain one is B.S. I have caught some really nice fish during and follwing rain.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The wind one is kind of off as well. The wind tends to push bait fish into coves and the predator fish have a hay day.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

I myself love when it's a windy day as said before me it pushes bait fish in coves and the bigger fish will head there to eat I've caught a lot of fish that way .As for fishing in the rain I've never had any luck .But I've been told if you fish in a warm rain they will bit.And we all know if you fish while a fronts coming in your going to catch a boat load .

Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It truly depends on your presentation, and the situation.

Some days you can catch them, other days (same scenario) they won't touch a thing.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Went out at 6:00 PM about 1 hour ago..until 7:30 PM nothing..very windy..I was throwing a jig, rubber worm and this Tandem Spinner Bait..At 7:15 I got 3 nice bass...on this lure ..That makes 15 boated on this lure in the last 3 outings..It's much better than the Rooster Tail..It attracts bigger fish...it doesn't spin in circles like the Rooster and the big hook keeps most of the fish on..OH..and you can fish the weeds where the bass stay.I need to buy some more..my bigger baits didn't work..only this small 1'4 ouncer..and I only have one.

Fish will turn on and off just like that..Kalvin..It also helps to go to a place that has a lot of bass.
I like fishing before a new moon and a full moon..Mornings ae usually good...and I also like windy days..

This bait right here Bayou is the best spinner bait I've ever used..My skirt is totally white though..I hope wally has them.This baby is 6.50 a piece on the Bayou site..[&o]

Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not really myths at all, just wither the cause of what shut the bite off or a product of what shut the bite off. Rain and Wind can both change the water temp and change currents causing the change in the bite. Wind isnt always good, a North to Northeast wind usually indicate a front has come through, and the rising barometric pressure changes the bite and usually gives them lockjaw. Rain can make the water clarity just completely go to the point where it has to hit the fish for it to see the bait. It just depends on the tides or water levels. Now, the excuses like my rod was too stiff or the line was old, have no real explanation because they can be cured

PS. Chuck do you mean Booyah baits?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Dominant Buck

yes I did Oneshot7
Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Bloominghunter2

Well I know the rain one is B.S. I have caught some really nice fish during and follwing rain.
I have also caught alot of fish during a rain and brookies really like to hit them hard then. But the day after a rain can be quite aproblem at times. It depends on the amount of rain as well as how big of a storm it is. The day after can have quite a pressure change and fish will hold back on you. That's not to say you can't catch anything but it does mean a lot less bites and luck though..
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Work has been tough..
My wife likes the quiet..

SO I'm going fishing a whole lot these days..like again tonight at 6:00

Quick Reply: Fishing "Myths"...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.