Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing "Myths"...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fishing "Myths"...

i never noticed if my spinners went upright or not lol nor the vibration either....i have alot of light spinners and dark buzz baits. what would happen if i used a white lure with dark water?? im excited for the next time to fish! oh another myth is that the water is "too cold" any truth??

Kalvin..

OK back to the myths..I wouldn't call any of these things a myth but rather an Old Wives fable...[8D]
Too Cold?? Cold fronts is no myth..that is a fact...fish bite real good before a front and shot down after and during it passin through..

Back to color..I don't agree with the color spectrum..BUT I do get more bites on solid black worms which are hard to find. My water is dark and I use white spinnerbaits..and do ok.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have actually caught fish real well during the passing of a front, if you can stand the rain, because as soon as it passes it all ends and the pressure starts rising

Old 05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

yeah right [8D]somebody needs there butt beat just for being different
Old 05-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Bring it on, I think I can take you ol' man [8D]

Old 05-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I think you can too..
Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

When I was a kid my Grandmother and her sister used to take us kids fishing in the river beds around our local river. My Grandmothers sister known as Aunt Mary to me would never let us keep our stringer of fish in the water. She insisted that we keep the fish in a bucket because she said the fish on the stringer would tell the other fish to beware of danger, now if it worked it was never determinedbut theyare still some of the mostmemorable days Ican rememberin my youth.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

i never noticed if my spinners went upright or not lol nor the vibration either....i have alot of light spinners and dark buzz baits. what would happen if i used a white lure with dark water?? im excited for the next time to fish! oh another myth is that the water is "too cold" any truth??

Kalvin..

OK back to the myths..I wouldn't call any of these things a myth but rather an Old Wives fable...[8D]
Too Cold?? Cold fronts is no myth..that is a fact...fish bite real good before a front and shot down after and during it passin through..

Back to color..I don't agree with the color spectrum..BUT I do get more bites on solid black worms which are hard to find. My water is dark and I use white spinnerbaits..and do ok.
i will just have to experiment and see what works best haha but another question about color, what does the color of the "willow leaves" affect?? you said that the strike king has a different color of willow leaf then the booyah, what do the colors affect?? is mixing colors good or bad?? (ex. 1 silver and 1 bronze leaf)
Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beehunter

When I was a kid my Grandmother and her sister used to take us kids fishing in the river beds around our local river. My Grandmothers sister known as Aunt Mary to me would never let us keep our stringer of fish in the water. She insisted that we keep the fish in a bucket because she said the fish on the stringer would tell the other fish to beware of danger, now if it worked it was never determinedbut theyare still some of the mostmemorable days Ican rememberin my youth.
i have heard that as well, whenever i catch a fish i always wonder if it can communicate to the other fish (when its fighting on your line) to stay away....we may never know[8D]
Old 05-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

you said that the strike king has a different color of willow leaf then the booyah, what do the colors affect?? is mixing colors good or bad?? (ex. 1 silver and 1 bronze leaf)

Oh...sorry for the miscommunication ..sometimes I type quicker than I think..In my picture the Booyah has a bronze willow but all the spinnerbaits carry all different sizes and colors..I like a simple #3 shiny chrome fininsh willow..I'm not sure if color makes any difference. Now that small willow on the Booyah is way to small in my opinion..I couldn't get it to continue spinning..
Old 05-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Beehunter,
I think your Aunt Mary may be on something..When I fish..I usually catch one..you know there are more than one at some spots..Why do we usually only catch one?? I think they communicate as well.

Quick Reply: Fishing "Myths"...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.