Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Night Fishing

Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Night Fishing

Kalvin had some questions about nght fishing ..I hope you all share your night fishing expereinces..
Old 04-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Night Fishing

Folks,
Have any of you guys ever gone night fishing.I have twice..but now all my favorite spots are closed at dark..

Pros...more bites
bigger fish
The bite is totally feel.you can't see your line.

Cons..more tangled up messes
mosqitoes.
gators are everywhere and not afraid like they are in the daylight..
Old 04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Night Fishing

I'm no expert but a couple things come to mind:

*Use dark colors (black, blue) as the fish will
be able to see the bait better. Dark colors have
more contrast in dark water.

*Fish slow. Big fish are more apt to go after slow
moving bait as it takes less energy.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ahh i cant waiti have a few spots i think i can try where i can to ease into night fishing where i canavoid tangles and messes. i already fish dark lures so that shouldnt be a change for me. deep or shallow water is where they are at, at night?? i hope there is no gators in missouri!![8D]
Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Here are my 2 expereinces..

1. I was fishing the edge of a deep pit..in 1990 when I came ot FLorida..A sranger in a 12 foot jon asked me it I ever fished in the dark before ..I was leary about getting in the boat but I did..He drove his trolling motor over a 30 foot deep rock bar..and in 15 minbutes we were catching big bass.

2nd time..I was fishing in a near by lake catching 1 pounders..When it got dark I decided to stay and drift a worm rod over brush piles..every pass I had a fish and they were in the 3 pound range..mosquitoes cut my trip short..bring a Thermo cell..It was challenging because I could not see the line..I'd feel it and when my rod tip would go down I'd set the hook..If you can find the fish you will get action.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion fish usually travel to shallower water during the nights, assuming you are talking about lakes/ponds.

I like topwater during nights. That is my go to. Hearing the Jbug going plop,plop,plop then SLAP SPLASH SLAP... Fish on man.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

One thing for sure.they are more active and the fish caught are bigger.IF you can find them..In Forida ..you may see 2 gators at your honey hole at night there will be 20 and they are not shy..they will come right up to the boat..I ran over one before nearly tipping the boat over..scary[]

Basically go to your best spot..at night it's just better..I've only caught bass on rubber worms at night..dark colors..
Old 04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will try both practices, top water and worms. i have 2 top water lures, 1 skinny fat one with a blunt nose and 1 long skinny one with a pointy nose (i dont know the names) but i have alot of worms bc that is what worked for me last year and i stocked up haha. most likely i will cast to the center (deeper) and reel in slowly and see what happens...if that doesnt work then cast along the bank...
Old 04-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

When I fish nights I use a few things that can and are very effective. I use a 1/2oz black or black/bluesingle spin (Any blade color is good). Also a worm is very effectie at the lake at night, I use a black, black/blue flake, red worm, black/red flake 10in worm. I rig the worms texas rig style. (Bullet weight the bead then hook). I have had my best luck at night around brush, docks, drop offs, any where that has good structe (night fishing is same as day just no-one hardly fishes night. I have caught lots of good fish at night but I always use dark colors.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, when I usually fish down there its the peak of summer and its so hot that day fishing is turned off but we do some of our best fishing at night using buzz baits, rapala, zara spook and rubber worms. I've cast a worm out and I won't move it and my line will start moving. That bass goes by sound mostly at night and they know something just fell into the water. We fish out of a boat and walk canal banks and yeah it gets kinda Leary watching out for gators and snakes and I have to wear a mosqito net because I'm allergic to deet. Good luck and don't let a little bitty gator keep you from fishing, I wish I could go but we just got 6 inches of snow last night and it hasn't stopped yet. Mid April, Oh-boy oh-boy.

Bobby

Quick Reply: Night Fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.