Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Night Fishing

Old 04-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Night Fishing

Hey Bobby ,
I'd love to meet ya when ya do your Florida thing..You are only 1 hour away..

27 more school days..and then I'll be living on the lake.I'm thinking seriously about going tonight..I'm about 50-50 right now..new moon..should be great.[8D]
Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I night fish quite often each year.. I mostly stick with the same stuffI am using during the day. It works OK for me. Mostly though I am fishing for white perch at night and almost always pick up a few salmon and bass in the process.. You would see the bass jumping out deeper but they are on top of the water so perhaps a fly rod would work great up here if I was fishing for them at night..

1 week from today and I will be fishing any time I want to almost as the shutdown will take effect on 3 pm next Tuesday. I did apply for the peer support worker program to try and help others out.. But it will not be long and I can say Fish On!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck I've got plane tickets for georgia from june 17, to july 7 and do some fishing in the tri-state area and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it that far south at this time but if I do we'll hook up. Good luck and catch some biggins.

Bobby
Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went out night fishing last night and limited out on white perch..I only used the same bait I would of used in the day light, the perch didn't know the difference and all they did was bite better..There was a few bass jumping farther out as I was fishing from the shoreline. I am debating about heading back out tonight and trying it again. I will try to remember to take a camera and put it on night vision so I can show a few pics. This year it is more crowded than before with all the laid off workers and all.. But I still pulled it off and brought home my 25 fish..
Old 05-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Way to go Phil,
I can remember white perch fishin at night..lot's of fun..and great eatting..
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Usually when i night fish, it's for catfish. I fish the same way i would during the day using the same kind of baits. Last night i actually got into some really nice smallmouths in the dark. I was using just a nightcrawler under a glo in the dark bobber fishing about 3 feet deep. The smallmouth are getting ready to spawn. It's the first time i have caught a bass of any type in the dark.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I go fishing at night for catfish about once a week in the summer, nothing better
Old 05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck I've got plane tickets for georgia from june 17, to july 7 and do some fishing in the tri-state area and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it that far south at this time but if I do we'll hook up. Good luck and catch some biggins.

Bobby

Sorry Bobby ..I just saw this..your actualy pretty smart to not come down this far...The lake levels are super down..some local lakes have completely dried up..BUT if you happen to swing down this way..I 'll take you out to eat..