Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Reminder to bass tournament contestants.. >

Reminder to bass tournament contestants..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Reminder to bass tournament contestants..

Old 03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reminder to bass tournament contestants..

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

"What is the point of having a date in the picture if we can just photoshop it in there? That doesn't prevent me from using a picture from last year and photoshopping this years date in."
Buckhunter..

Buck,
This is not a perfect tournament..it's for fun..Trust me ..if money was on this thing we would have many more rules including lengh and girth photoes..There has to be a little bit of honor from each of us..Pictures can also be decieving..and like I said before..when the fishing get's serious..Fish over 7 pounds I plan to photo on a ruler ..depends on time..first a pic of me..2nd on the ruler IF fish looks healthy..
If folks want to cheat..it's very easy I'm sure for some of these computer savy young folks..[8D]For me..my scale is calibrated and the Lord is my witness..and Buffdmac will not cheat either..I weigh all his fish..I don't want a bunch of folks to quit simply because they have no date option..It's just not that big of a deal to me..

Shoot..what does the winner get anyway..maybe 5 replies of 'Nice fish' that's it..LOL
I wasn't making a big deal about it. I'm just here to catch fish for my own personal success. I could care less if I post a picture of a fish all season. Thus my last sentence which you maybe missed:

"It doesn't matter to me because if someone wants to win that badly, more power to them"
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry Johnny,
You'll have to wear a tag like me..gotta have a date..Iy's like a cheap lock..It won't stop the serious burgulars but will stop the novice..Come bro

I use a safety pin..and a small plastic card with permanent pen..Afer the month is over ..simply go over the month with a white board marker..the permanent ink wipes off easily then and write the new month. on with a permanent pen..I leave my hat in my truck and when I fish I wear it.if Matt catches a fish he wears it..I can't use the photo thing either..not smart enough..[8D]

In case I forget my hat..I keep blank 3 x 5 inch index cards in my tackle box with a marker..Then..I would photo it with the fish
We have to be creative no need to sweat it anyway..Josh Keller has the North..[8D]and his camera has the date on it..
and MTHands guarantees that he has the south..he's tired of coming up short..I just hope he can top 2 tens this year..[8D]

For the rest of you guys who were involved in the crappie tourny...still waitin on my jigs..I won't hold my breath though/LOL

Look..the tag aint that bad..

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Dominant Buck

"It doesn't matter to me because if someone wants to win that badly, more power to them"
Buckhunter14

No problem fellow,,,sometimes it hard to communicate with the keyboard..please forgive me if I offended you..that was not my intention..You are correct ..I missed your last sentece..My apologies again..I agree with you..If someone wants to cheat they will ..I know most of these contenders and they are just a bunch of fun folks who don't have the time to take this real seriius ..like me and youBeing a teacher I get a ton of time off so I will be putting in the time..If I can't get a 10 this year ..shame on me..
God bless brother,
Chuck 7
Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

"What is the point of having a date in the picture if we can just photoshop it in there? That doesn't prevent me from using a picture from last year and photoshopping this years date in."
Buckhunter..

When we had the Crappie tourny I just made up a piece of paper with my name on it and put the fish on the ruler on my boat with the paper.Even if my camera did have the wrong date on it.BTW That keeps from posting wrong size fish.

Buck,
This is not a perfect tournament..it's for fun..Trust me ..if money was on this thing we would have many more rules including lengh and girth photoes..There has to be a little bit of honor from each of us..Pictures can also be decieving..and like I said before..when the fishing get's serious..Fish over 7 pounds I plan to photo on a ruler ..depends on time..first a pic of me..2nd on the ruler IF fish looks healthy..
If folks want to cheat..it's very easy I'm sure for some of these computer savy young folks..[8D]For me..my scale is calibrated and the Lord is my witness..and Buffdmac will not cheat either..I weigh all his fish..I don't want a bunch of folks to quit simply because they have no date option..It's just not that big of a deal to me..

Shoot..what does the winner get anyway..maybe 5 replies of 'Nice fish' that's it..LOL
In that case, can we just drop the date thing?
I don't have photo shop of any kind.
Putting a date on my pictures would be a Big Hassle for me.
Thank You.

jrbsr