Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing Trips 2009

Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fishing Trips 2009

In may i am going goose hunting in canada and they guy that we are going with said that one of his friends might take us walleye fishing in North Dakota. He said that they are spawning that time of year and they catch some huge walleye. I hope that works out
Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to Juneau Alaska the first week of August...

It's a vacation trip for me and my girlfriend, but I have a buddy in Juneau who owns a 24 foot bayliner and he is going to takeus out fishing for halibut and salmon for a few days...

I fished with him up there a couple of years ago and it was awesome...We caught halibut up to 85 pounds and lots of silver, chum and pink salmon and a few kings... The scenery is absolutely beautiful, and we saw whales and other sea mammals along with a great variety of bird life at close range every day...
Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

In late May or early June I'm going out to remote Potter County (4-5hr drive) from the suburbs of Philly[:'(]to do some native/wild trout fishing. They call Potter Co "God's Country" for a good reason! I'll probably spend a few days out there.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pygmy

I'm going to Juneau Alaska the first week of August...

It's a vacation trip for me and my girlfriend, but I have a buddy in Juneau who owns a 24 foot bayliner and he is going to takeus out fishing for halibut and salmon for a few days...

I fished with him up there a couple of years ago and it was awesome...We caught halibut up to 85 pounds and lots of silver, chum and pink salmon and a few kings... The scenery is absolutely beautiful, and we saw whales and other sea mammals along with a great variety of bird life at close range every day...
Jealousy!

Hope you have a great time.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early In..If you plan to camp, Ole Bull State Park on Kettle Creeknear Oleonahas nice facilities and is in a good central location to access several drainages...

There are also cabins available to rent in Oleona, but availability may be anissue at that time of year, due to fly fishermen and gobbler hunters..A friend of mine ( flyfisherman) rents there annually, but I know he reserves his cabin from year to year..Something to check out, tho, if you're not into camping..

Buckhunter 14...Yes, I'm a lucky man... My buddy grew upin Juneau andspent most of his life as a commercial fisherman, so he knows the waters around Juneau intimately... He currently works for the State of Alaska, but he loves to fish and spends much of his leisure time onhis boat , fishing the sheltered waters near Juneau..Believe it or not, he and I met and became friends on a TURKEY HUNTING forum online..
Old 06-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Spike

Im looking for a bowfishing guide or place in Juneau. Any advise appreciated
Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum marywilson. Start a new thread with your topic/question and you should get some replies.