Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What Rods do you like? >

What Rods do you like?

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What Rods do you like?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What Rods do you like?

Walleye Rods, Just picked up a bass pro shops IM8 signature series 7 ft ML, also have a st Croix that I like 6.6 ml, I use a team Diawa verticle jigging rod for verticle jigging really stiff Rod. I have usedBerkley lightening rods and it was a good rod.

Trolling for Salmon I have 6 ugly sticks. With Penn and Diawa line counters.

Make my own Ice fishing rods.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

For fishing the rivers for smalies and steelhead , I have a 7' AhabLite light power fast-action rod. The only thing I don't like about it is it is 1 pc so it can present challenges(read extra shipping charges) when I travel, but it is hands down the best rod I have ever owned. Other than that, I own a couple BPS rods, a Cabela's E-glass, a Quantum, a Falcon noodle rod (for the salmon), and a St. Croix. Then there's the fly rods...
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

St. Croix and Redington are my favorites, although I have used many brands with no complaints.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Some on here listed what they would like to have NOT what they actually have..On my wish list would be St.Croix...I can't afford them..

What I actually use are Walmart's Team Diawa..,Lightning Rods..and I have 2 Finwicks

Last week I had a bid on a medium baitcasting 7 foot St. Croix on Ebay but was out bid..[&o]
Old 01-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

St. Croix is #1 for me, great feeling, sensitivity, light, and a good feeling. I am still using my first from 2003, its caught everything from bass to amberjacks, only thing I have hadreplace on the rod is the top guide. Chuck, you will love one of these when you get you.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, you will love one of these when you get you.
Oneshot7

you are correct..I handled one from a local tackle shop..but he wanted 160.00 plus tax..[&o]I found the same rod NEW on ebay for 90.00 but was out bid.Cabelas used to have them for 130.00...I most likely will get one..I fish rubber worms lightly so a 7 foot medium would be great..I do love the feel of these quality rods..They all catch fish but when your flipping and pitching all day..I'd rather have a strong light rod..StCroix meets that expectation..until then ...Team Diawa will be my first choice with a Revo Garcia in the driver's seat.

Oneshot7...Power Pro is still my go to line..Our lakes have been overcome by hydrilla...and no other line can pull bass out like Power Pro..The week before the next full moon may get our hawgson the shore line..Also..I've been catching fish with the Trick worm.
C7
Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Team Diawa S-Bass rods and BPS Extreme XPS signature series rods.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Chuck, you will love one of these when you get you.
Oneshot7

you are correct..I handled one from a local tackle shop..but he wanted 160.00 plus tax..[&o]I found the same rod NEW on ebay for 90.00 but was out bid.Cabelas used to have them for 130.00...I most likely will get one..I fish rubber worms lightly so a 7 foot medium would be great..I do love the feel of these quality rods..They all catch fish but when your flipping and pitching all day..I'd rather have a strong light rod..StCroix meets that expectation..until then ...Team Diawa will be my first choice with a Revo Garcia in the driver's seat.

Oneshot7...Power Pro is still my go to line..Our lakes have been overcome by hydrilla...and no other line can pull bass out like Power Pro..The week before the next full moon may get our hawgson the shore line..Also..I've been catching fish with the Trick worm.
C7
Shhhhh......dont give them everything in one post [8D]

You must be talking about the Avid series St. Croix, since the price is so high, they are really nice and I have used them a few times. Good luck out there and keep looking for the fish on the beds, I still have another 1 to 2 months here.
Brent
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

The real secrets don't leave the house..
Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've ditched all my BPS pro qualifiers in favor of Kistler Helium LTA, and Carrot stix this year.

Quick Reply: What Rods do you like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.