Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What's everyones biggest crappie ever.. >

What's everyones biggest crappie ever..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What's everyones biggest crappie ever..

Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 PM

Default RE: What's everyones biggest crappie ever..

I'm spoiled, I fish a "private" lake filled with monster crappie, the typical size is between 14 and 18 inches, if you find one, you've actually found about 40 of them. Great genetics in that lake, but the biggest crappie I ever caught was in Webster, MA. I was targeting a monster bass on a sandbar next to a drop off, using a 4" white grub. It weighed 4 lb. 0 oz. and was 26" long (the length was a rough estimate, I had a scale, but no way to measure it) . Looking back on it, I should have kept that one, or atleast taken a decent photo of it. [:@] Just another brilliant moment for me... Atleast I have the memory, that's good enough for me. It was a really big fish, sure, but wouldn't have broken the MA state record.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM

18in crappie from my pond biggest ive ever seen.... Caught it on gold n black jig the farm pond has HUGE crappie in it I can go average 15in fish and 15+ a day.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Here'a the world record..

For Mother's Day, Peggy Hopper from Crofton got a new Shakespeare rod and a Zebco 33 reel. She wasted no time in putting to good use. While fishing at a watershed lake in northern Christian County she caught what may turn out to be the largest black crappie ever caught in the world.

The slab weighed in at 4-pounds 14-ounces. It's over 21 inches long. The crappie is more than a half pound bigger than the previous Kentucky state record and six ounces bigger than the world record. It's size and weight have been confirmed by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife.

The state of Kentucky does not differentiate between black and white crappie for its state records, but the International Game Fish Association does. The current IGFA world record for black crappie is 4-pounds 8-ounces. That fish was caught at Kerr Lake in Virginia.

Peggy caught her fish by casting a Crystal Shad Rooster Tail spinner around a small log next to the bank.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

We fish some farm ponds in southern Iowa and they have MONSTER crappies. Never weighed any but I would bet that they would go over 2 lbs. I would also bet there are some record breakers swimming around in some of them.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Bartender

Come on MAN LAW violoations big time here without the pics.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

The pics are at the top in the Crappie Contest,,what few there are..Deer hunting has taken prioriety my friend..
I'll squeeze a crappie day in sometime this week though.
C7
Old 12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

The pics are at the top in the Crappie Contest,,what few there are..Deer hunting has taken prioriety my friend..
I'll squeeze a crappie day in sometime this week though.
C7
same here!
ive been fishing a lot lately though. i had 2 crappie on my line yesterday and didnt land either one im going to keep trying. the water is just the wrong temp for my region.