Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Economics have caused me to readjust.. >

Economics have caused me to readjust..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Economics have caused me to readjust..

Old 10-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Economics have caused me to readjust..

This year I'll only be hunting on Sat.instead of Sat. and Sunday..My hunting place is 70 miles round trip...so once a week will be it..NOW..exception will be my Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks during the rut..

After church on Sundays I will be crappie fishing once they start biting..which is sometime in Nov..My bass rods are put away and the light tackle is ready to go.I've already rearranged my tackle box from rubber worms to gold hooks , Hal Flies and Shad darts..and Phil from Maine streamers..
Specks/ Crappies is one of my favorite fish to fish for.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Economics have caused me to readjust..

Yup, Glad I can hunt behind my house and dont have to far to drive. My good hunting spot is about 25 miles round trip, there are a better quality of bucks there, but we can not get other land owners in with us to start a management program, so we do not harvest does, only bucks over there. I am gonna start bream fishin so that I can get some extra food for the winter.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

My hunting is gone to the dogs this year due to traveling so much in business, but thank God I have one good lake 14 miles to the house, and I still spend three weekends at my lake house that is 90 miles one way from home. Fishing just gets better in Texas during the colder months. The only hunting trip I have for this year is in Oklahoma Nov 7th - the 10th. I just pray that I get a buck and a doe for the freezer. Work is getting in the way of fun...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:13 PM

I can walk to a great trout river
Old 10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am hunting when ever I can though I do not have far to travel up here. I do have to work a minnimum of 60 hours right now and if we keep running I will be right threw hunting season.. With no Sunday hunting up here it's going to keep me limited on how much hunting i can do..[:@]
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 PM

my deer woods is just a 15 minute drive from my house.. i hunted in georgia for more that 30 years but it cost to much now so i stay home andall i want is a doe for meat for the freezer..
Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gas is down to about $2.55 a gallon, so i'm not gonna be needing to make any adjustments. Of course, I have about 70 yards ofriver frontage in my yard, so there is not really any gas involved anyway.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

yes sir..it's looks like the gas priced are getting better...Fishing is local so I fish pretty much year round..Hunting is a 70 mile round trip ..so I will slow down some except for my Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks..Then,, I will hit it hard..plus it's the rut