HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   My son the fisherman :) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/249956-my-son-fisherman.html)

virginiashadow 06-20-2008 11:42 AM

My son the fisherman :)

My 4 year old son is a heck of a little fisherman. He caught 7 fish yesterday, one of which was a 1 pound bass ( he called it a grandpa fish). We walked a good mile back into the woods to find a nice little creek. He was tough as could be and kept up the whole way. We saw 3 deer, a garter snake, and a turtle.

We fished right below a little waterfall. My son loved every minute of it. He caught his first fish on his 2nd birthday. He caught a bluegill all by himself that day. I was helping my daughter with her pole when I looked around and he was reeling in the fish all by himself, and then he pulled it up on the bank! I love that little guy.

Brett

buckhunter14 06-20-2008 02:54 PM

RE: My son the fisherman :)

Awesome, I bet you couldn't have asked for a better day.

rackaholic89 06-20-2008 06:27 PM

thats great getting kids into the outdoors i always take my little cousins with me just to keep it going

Knightia 06-21-2008 10:28 PM

:)Sounds like a great day fishingfor the little guy & you- congrats on the grandpa fish .:)

Phil from Maine 06-22-2008 12:04 PM

Congrats to you and the little fellow!! :)It's great to see young people learning how to enjoy the great out doors! Thanks for taking the little fellow with you as we all know that is the only way our hunting and fishing is to survive in the future!

Chuck7 06-22-2008 12:37 PM

Way to go Brett...I did that with my son..and we are still just as close and he is 23...The only diffenrence is , he can kick my butt now..:)
Thanks for sharing,
C7

Oneshot7 06-22-2008 07:15 PM

That reminds me of myself, lol:D, keep him at it and it will pay off. :D

Western MA Hunter 06-23-2008 08:26 AM

Awesome! Got any pics?
I have been taking my 4 year old daughter fishing alot this year.
She just turned 4 last week.
So far this year she has caught about a dozen trout, Perch, & bass.
Start em out young!~

virginiashadow 06-24-2008 08:04 PM

Man I wish I had some pics guys--I took my son and daughter( she is 5) fishing today. They caught about 6 fish total, all bluegill and 1 perch. I brought a digital camera but the dang battery died instantly. I missed it! I am taking them again tomorrow morning with my wife so I will snap some then. Thanks guys. I remember my dad and I fishing all day long. We fished like crazy when I was a teenager, many times smallmouth and largemouth fishing 3-4 days a week for years. I really miss those times.

Brett

Edcyclopedia 06-25-2008 09:41 AM

That's great VirginiaShadow....
You need a cheap digital camera to show us your memories.

Here's my little boy (Jake) and his 1st fish... I did have to help him real it in!:)