Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing line review...used for rubber worms.. >

Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Thanks Chuck and childers I already have one of my baitcaster spooled up with Suffix. I ended up going with the Suffix Elite because they do not carry the Seige but they did have the Pro which seemed to be too heavy of test for what I will be using it for. I ended up with the 10lb. Thanks again guys...

Your quite welcome..I hadn't actually fished the 10pound yet..I had used the 14pound..This morning after church my son and I went out. I had a brand new spool of 10 pound Suffix on the Revo baitcaster..I forgot I wasn't using the 14 and set the hook hard..I went 5 for 5 on worms..I was using a 7 foot medium heavy worn rod..That stuff is tough..no abrasion marks on the line at all.I also got one more bass on a Rooster Tail. I was casting some long distance as well..and I use a micro small split shot to make my worm swim slower that usual.I also insert rattles in the head of the worm..Today I stepped my Gamblers up a notch looking for Mrs. Hawg..I was using an 8 inch Imperial Blue worm..
Old 06-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i use the 10# and i dont think i have snapped yet. i snagged up a swimbait today on a tree in the water. and i gave it a good fight. no breaks or anything. i got my bait back and my buddy used my pole and caught a 3 pound channel cat on it 10 minutes later.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres one you didnt test. Knot strength. Some line may be tested at 10lb but thats the pull stregnth, what happens if you tie a single knot in the line and pull. Does it break? If it does, no use in using it.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

good thought
Old 06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I may have to try some Sufix. All I've used for the last couple of years was Trilene Big Game green. 15 lb. test. I've not had trouble with abrasions or breaks, but it has a lot of memory.

Will Sufix cast a little better than Trilene Big Game?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Texan,
If I was you I'd buy the 12 pound Suffix..It is very strong, cast great and very little memory..
Trilene is now histoey for me and I've used it for about 30 years.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading down to fla. this Sunday and will be fishing various lakes their in central fla. and pound test line is the hardest I struggle with in making a disicion. In open water where a 10 lber could be possible to be caught I can get by with light line, but if I am tring to pull the same bass out of stumps, pilings or pads, I want to turn the bass's headaround and basically hoist it in. If you let it run and try to fight it on light line he'll break you off everytime, but then again, doesa heavier line spook the fish? Sometimes its a chance you got to take. [:@]

Bobby
Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

if your fishing the salad, wood, under a bridge, or just w/e then use 14 pound mono or 20 pound braid with a leader.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm heading down to fla. this Sunday and will be fishing various lakes their in central fla. and pound test line is the hardest I struggle with in making a disicion. In open water where a 10 lber could be possible to be caught I can get by with light line, but if I am tring to pull the same bass out of stumps, pilings or pads, I want to turn the bass's headaround and basically hoist it in. If you let it run and try to fight it on light line he'll break you off everytime, but then again, doesa heavier line spook the fish? Sometimes its a chance you got to take. [:@]

Bobby 121553

Bobby , I happen to live right here in the area you plan to fish. Our fish are very smart and have been highly pressured.There are tournaments almost weekly. If I was heading to Florida for a one weekend fishing trip and ...since youare goingto Stick March...I'd go with 14 pound Suffix ...If you have a few rods I'd put 10 pound Suffix on open water...I 'd even have one filled with 20 pound Power Pro..when it's new it's not bad..It should stay green for a week.Good luck my friend..
C7

PS And yes , I truly believe line can spook the fish. I remember a few times drifing 2 different lines in back of the boat with the same worm..One rod was getting much more action..I've done this a few times..The smaller line always wins.Suffix is the strongest momo I have ever used...WITH very little memory.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, does the suffix come in colours? Since the stick marsh is tainted water, what colour is the best? I will be fishing a clear water lake also, but don't really want to keep changing my line if I don't have too. My brother and I have a 5 rod limit and changing line can be costly. Thanks.

Bobby

Quick Reply: Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.