Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing line review...used for rubber worms.. >

Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Old 05-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

I know..but it's hard attaching a mustad hook to the barrel.I've done it but tim econsuming..You are correct though..and I do got some. Actually anyline will eventually twist when bumping with a pegged worm..even good ole Power Pro..I tried unbending the Mustad hooks and putting them on the barrel..BUT the hook is so tempered that it will break when you try manipulating it.[X(]A person can use a snap swivel and try pulling the worm up to the barrel part. but I hate all that flopping motion and extra hardware..I like line ..knot ..hook ..set
Fish on..

Old 05-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Childers, I havent had any kinks or twists in my sufix yet, that wasnt MY fault. Normal use I think it excels in that category. That being said I just got some Big Game trilene to try two says ago (really good price) Two birds nest and a backlash already.[:@]
Old 05-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i like weightless and no swivels or anything. but if you're satisfied with your line then you should just tie the barrel swivel on and then attach about 18 inches of line then your hook. all of you problems will be fixed.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Dominant Buck

That being said I just got some Big Game trilene to try two says ago (really good price) Two birds nest and a backlash already.[:@]

and good morning to you Mr. Brett..sorry for laughing..Usually no post can make me laugh bu tyours sure did..I'm still LMButt off. why..because we can all identify..Those darn bird's nest..can really try your patience..sorry..the laughing icons are really me laughing out loud..Why?? most times I'm real cool and collective and pick those buggers out..but you even bringing the picture back in my mind causes me to laugh...and trust me ..when it's a 20.00 spool of Power Pro it's not funny at the time..

On a serious note.There seems to be 2 types of Power Pro..th elater spools have a waxy substance on the, MAN!!! picking out backlashes are flat out impossilbe..for real...you will have to choices..
A. Cut the line off right then//ALL of it..[:@]
B. Hopefully have a spare rod and deal with it later..it's not green either ..it's black.At first it's great..cast long..looks super tough..BUT don't dare get a backlash..It looks like someone has poured tar on your line..[:@]

Sorry for laughing..you just brought back memories..
Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

OK ONESHOT...

WOW!!! That Suffix is wonderful..I fished 2 rods side by side Trilene and Suffix same worm etc.

My Trilene is so kinkied up from the ribbon tailed worm I have to peel the line off of my Revo.

The Suffix...just like you said..ZERO MEMORY and my line looks just like it did when I put it on..and the stuff looks and is tough..I had pleanty of hits on it..and it cast great..My new favorite momo...I will not be buying anymore Trilene..
Not only my worm rod was kinking up but my Rooster Tail spinning rod as well...
Old 06-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem Chuck, I guess I know a good line when i see it lol, but dont keep reminding me about the trilene. I am so fed up with it right now that the rest of it is going on my king mackeral rod to be used [:@]it actually works really good when you dont have to cast it lolback to sufix I go
Old 06-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I gave a real test my friend..I pegged a bullet sinker with a tooth pick and used a Gambler ribbon worm..you do that with Trilene and you have 29 foot curly cues going up an ddown your line...not so with Suffix..AND this morning I put 10 pound Suffix on my Revo..I tried breaking it with my hands..I couldn;t beak it..it was cutting into my skin..good shtuff man..Back when i was fishing there were 2 lines to buy..Stren or Trilene..I really appreciate the heads up with Suffix..the 10 pound is nearly invisable..I am through with Trilene..

Old 06-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

suffix is a pretty good line. here in north georgia its quite popular. i also use the 10 pound elite. its def strong. all i can say is DONT EVER BUY CAJUN RED LINE!!! not the greatest stuff. i am buying some power pro soon probably and i need to find some goo line for shore fishing in Florida in 2 weeks
Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Has anyone tried the Stren Super Braid in 14lb.(lo-vis green)Picked some up tonight but before I try it out I figured I would ask first. Also I will be using this on one of my baitcaster reels. Thanks guy's
Old 06-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont believe i have tried it. all the stren mono lines have typically been bad line, so i just stopped buying their products

Quick Reply: Fishing line review...used for rubber worms..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.