HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Native/Wild Trout (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/243108-native-wild-trout.html)

early in 04-20-2008 05:48 AM

Native/Wild Trout

Let's see some your wild trout. Here's a native Brookie I caught and released in Sullivan Co Pa. I love these beautiful fish.

buckhunter14 04-20-2008 06:59 AM

RE: Native/Wild Trout

Native Bow, biggest true Rainbow to date. Have caught much larger, but non-native.

jim1966 04-20-2008 09:19 AM

Nice trout.

troutslayer 04-20-2008 12:37 PM

Bull trout

Brook Trout

Rainbow

I havent caught a brown yet this year but once i do ill be posting it. As for cutthroats i havent targeted them or caught one in a few years but ill be fishing more then a few places that them this year.

WesternMdHardwoods 04-20-2008 06:59 PM

Troutslayer~~~~ Are they all native trout? Do they stock trout in the rivers you fish, I ask because the nice rainbow you have dont seem to have much color for a "native" trout? Just curous, most true native rainbows I have caught are VERY colorful??(Could just be a bad pic too?)

troutslayer 04-20-2008 08:01 PM

Nope thats a wild trout. Few reasons i think it has bad colors, one not a male(males tend to have more of the colors then the females), second its an older fish so color has started to fade, third its not spawning season. Ive caught rainbows out of the same river during spawn and they have some wicked colors. But if you want some colorful rainbows here you go

Now those are all males from this lake im going to next week(VERY excited for that) and here is a female from the same lake

Just goes to show that males will always have the brighter more alaborate colors then the females which you will find in almost all fish species and even in other animals such as birds.

WesternMdHardwoods 04-20-2008 08:05 PM

Thanks TS, those are all beautiful looking fish there!

troutslayer 04-20-2008 09:18 PM

Thanks Western, im really lookin forward to catchin a bunch of them next week, i caught about 20 fish in half a day last time i was at that lake all over 17", now im going for 3 days, im pretty pumped too say the least.

early in 04-21-2008 04:41 PM

Awesome fish troutslayer! Just beautiful. Good luck on your upcoming fishing trip, it should be a great time. Thanks for the pics.;)

Austin/WI 04-21-2008 07:18 PM

Those are all absolutely beautiful fish! I really wish I had time to head out and due some fishing. This weekend is looking good right now though:)