Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Largemouths are hungry! >

Largemouths are hungry!

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Largemouths are hungry!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Largemouths are hungry!

indiana - i live in indiana town Huntingburg -county- Dubois
Old 04-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

Just wondering... Did he keep that fish? If he did I hope it was for a mount and not for eating though even a replica mount looks just as good and costs less! (I say this because I fish in farm ponds too and I have seen what happens when people take out the big bass [:@])

Its a heck of a northern bass though!
Thanks, he did throw it back, but we took all the measurements so he can get a replica mount. We do have an over population of 1/2 - 1 1/2 pounders that we do sometimes take out to eat. This is our biggest pond... 13acres 40 ft deep in the middle
Old 04-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

That's a heck of a BASS, especially for here in OHIO!!!! I've only caught 2 in my life in that range, and I HAD to put one back and chose to put the other back d/t extenuating circumstances. Tell your buddy CONGRATS!!!! 'Cause that's on HELL of a fish!!!And if you need someone to go and he can't make it next time, drop me a PM, I'mjust half a county away, I'll help you put the boat in the water and row it around the lake for you if I have a chance to throw line at another monster like that!!!
Thanks, sorry we have trolling motors....
Old 04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: arrow2512

Buckeye- Let me ask you something if all you fish were farm ponds and your area got up to 12-15 in. of rain do you think that would hurt your fishing at all, been wanting to go but feel like it would be a waist of time with new vegetaion to eat i didn't think they would bit very well tell me your thought on this if you can
I don't think it hurts the fishing when we get a lot of rain. We have a pretty good drainage system for this pond. It rained for three days before we went fishing.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

Your buddy has a sweatshirt on and it's 70 out? Congrats to your buddy..
thanks... This was 8:30 in the morning when it was stilla little chilly....
Old 04-11-2008, 06:35 AM

That is a heck of a bass. I am fixing to try my luck at a conservation pond today. Hope i can get one that size
Old 04-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyehntr5

Thanks, he did throw it back, but we took all the measurements so he can get a replica mount. We do have an over population of 1/2 - 1 1/2 pounders that we do sometimes take out to eat. This is our biggest pond... 13acres 40 ft deep in the middle
And that is exactly what you should be doing! Good for y'all! Pretty fish!

We have had a problem with folks keeping too many big fish in our pond. We made a slot and a two fish limit... most people don't care. We've had to run a lot of folks off. Now we are catching up to 5 chain pickerel for every one bass.... and I haven't caught a bass in there yet this year that has passed the 18" (about 4#) mark. We've caught some giants in there over the years. TONS AND TONS of shad and fathead minnows! So much forage it makes me want to dive in and eat... but lots of crappie and lots of pickerel......