Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Here are my initial bass lures >

Here are my initial bass lures

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Here are my initial bass lures

Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here are my initial bass lures

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I'm a Gambling man..

Johnny , we backed out on the house...so I got time to send your worms before the weekend is over..Fishing will be minimum guys this weekend ..RAIN RAIN RAIN ..and serious wind for the forecast..Good news..One of my fishing holes is 3 minutes from my classroom,,I'll start fishing everyday 30 minutes prior of teaching ..off the shore. I'll post the pit.
Ok. Hope everything works out re: your house either way. But thanks again...It's kinda chilly here in South La. I'm going to try to hit the lake this weekend.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't see any Zoom worms..PM me your address and I'll send you ..

1.a small selection of worms that work to get you started.
2. some worm hooks
3 bullet sinkers
4 and an example of aworm rigthat is all ready set up for you to follow...for free
hurry ..this free offer won't last..

Here is what I use all the time..

Rubber worm ...Christmas Tree Gambler

Rooster Tail inline spinner

Strike King White Weedless

Black and blue worm

MTHands Jig.

Chuck,

Do you use a specific rod/rod reel for each lure so that you don't have to change the lures out everytime you want to fish differently. I plan to invest in a new spinning rod later but for now I have a baitcast so everytime i want to fish a different lure I have to cut the line and tie on a new one. More rod/reels would alleviate this problem because I could just use a specific rod/reel for each lure. Does this make sense?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Dominant Buck

When I was like you I had one rod..I cut my line..Since then I've aquired more rods..So yes sir..I carry5 or 6 rods to keep from changing lures..For my Rooster Tail I use a spinning rod..All other rods are baitcasters..Most of my rods are medium heavy 7 foot Team Diawas..I also have Lightning Rods ...My Rooster Tail is on a 6 1/2 foot Lightening rod spinning Medium Action..Teh black and blue worm is on a Fenwick 7 footer I got from a yard sale for 7.00Books for 70.00 Med. Heavy..got blessed.
Cy a man and good liuck this year
C7
Old 03-06-2008, 01:04 PM

That would be Kinney Lake, I live On. Nothing but Muck, and Weeds, but same darn good Bass fishin
Old 03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was like you I had one rod..I cut my line..Since then I've aquired more rods..So yes sir..I carry5 or 6 rods to keep from changing lures..For my Rooster Tail I use a spinning rod..All other rods are baitcasters..Most of my rods are medium heavy 7 foot Team Diawas..I also have Lightning Rods ...My Rooster Tail is on a 6 1/2 foot Lightening rod spinning Medium Action..Teh black and blue worm is on a Fenwick 7 footer I got from a yard sale for 7.00Books for 70.00 Med. Heavy..got blessed.
Cy a man and good liuck this year
C7
I would almost kill to have that rod, I love them and I can not find them around here anymore.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't like it at first..The handle is much thicker than the Team Diawa..but I'm used to it now..It's the Fenwick Legacy .
It's in mint condition. Since Josh got me fishing 7 foot rods I buy them when I see them..especially for that price. There are 2 main types of hook sets for worming..I use the pull set instead of thesnap set as most do. The 7 footers are great for the solid pull hook sets.

Honestly..my wife is the one who taught me the pullset ...No other fishermen I personally know does.this..The restall told me to cross their eyes.{Snap set}.Whenever I tried that..I pulled the worm out of their mouth..The pull set technique...well just watch the video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPnRALrRSZQ
Old 03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck- where can I pick up the Gambler worms? I looked around for them but they don't seem to be up north anywhere.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Dominant Buck

On their web site..Another fellow on here bought some but said { They were out of the 6 inchers so I bought the 7 inchers } Please don't ..With Gambler the 7 inchers are much fatter. I felt bad for the fishermen. The 6 inchers are the only ones I buy.

here is their site..The style I use is the 6 inch Ribbon tail...Christmas Tree.Color.

http://www.gambler-bang.com/files/

I just noticed..7 inch is the smallest size they carry..your on your own partner..{ I hate wasting peoples' money}I don't want to mislead ya. Another worm that is very much available is the Zoom worm which can be bought in Walmart..They sell a 6 inch..red shad I use alot..I also love Bass Assassins. For me any slim, soft, dark colored worm is good which has been scented..and has a curly tail.I used Tom Mann's Jelly worms for years..blackberry with blue tail
Old 03-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I wentto a local tackle shop which has a handful of 6 inch Gamblers left..The only colors are red shad and Imerial Blue..
used ot be called Electric Blue.
I boated 4 bass on blue today and 1 bass on a diving Rapala.
Total ..5 bass..
Weather ..dangerously windy..I tied my boat to a branch and cast in this little cut where you see in the picture..I know there is a sunken tree there.Best fish was 2 3/4 pounds..still no signs of spawning.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Whoa, nice fish Chuck. I can't wait to get on the water...