Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 If you were a beginner bass fisherman >

If you were a beginner bass fisherman

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

If you were a beginner bass fisherman

Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you were a beginner bass fisherman

Chuck nice post and that is a palomar knot which is a great knot to tie on in many situations. I understand it is very strong, easy to tie and works well for all types of line like the braided lines....Frank
I still use the improved clinch knot for mono since I can practically tie it in the dark.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir ..the improved clnch was my favorite for years..and still is fo rmono..but last year I lost about 3 fish on braid using improved clinch..and they were small fish 2-3 pounders..Since I've used the Palomar ..maybe one fish broke off of all last year..
Old 03-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your welcome..I sent Phil from Maine some worms last year and he beat me with my own lures[:@][8D]..How about that??..all the way from Florida to Maine..
Yes sir, Chuck sure did after I kept saying that those plastic/rubber stuff doesn't work very good..LOL Now I do not mind using the plastic/rubber stuff anymore..If it wasn't for ChuckI would only be using repalas, daredevils, a few buzzbaits, and some streamers. As I mostly fish for cold water type of fish and have had some luck using that stuff catching bass as well. But, those plastic/rubber worms work great up here...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

I did the same thing a coupe of years ago, i started bass fishing, luckly for me i wan't on a fixed budget and i was able to buy a boat and some good gear. I started with 2 baitcaster and 1 spinning rod, i would throw crankbaits, spinnerbait and worms. Scince then i have progressed to a much bigger boat, alot more rod and reels and winning tourments.
You can read as many articles and ask as many questions, but time on the water will be the telling factor in how susessfull you become, the more practice the more fish the more confident you will become in your ability as a fisherman.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

time on the water will be the telling factor in how susessfull you become, the more practice the more fish the more confident you will become in your ability as a fisherman.
MB

Amen to that..nothing like timeon the water..as the best teacher..c7
Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Exactly what Chuck7 said, he is a genius!
Buckhunter..

I wish that was true..but if it was I wouldn't have struck out this morning..
Seriously, the pros on here are
Josh and Mthands
Old 03-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am planing on having my boat motor up and runing this summer, if I do it's time to watch out my friends..LOL I have only fished 1 tourney up here as I have no live well and had to use coolers filled with water. What a pain that was and guess who won the tourney,, I did with my biggest bass that day a 24 inch smally wieghing only 4 1/2 pounds.. I came in with 4 fish early that day as I didn't want any to die on me.. If I do have it running i will fish big lake for smallies and pocomoonshine lake threw fare going up threw mud lakes into crawford lake for largemouths. The biggest I have heard coming out of there has been a couple of 10 pounders. So yes, I plan on doing better this year..Good Luck to all!!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats on that tourny win Phill..That is neat..I've been in some small ones and have won 1/2 of them..I fished one decent size tourny and outfished the boater..He was ticked..[8D]
Old 03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you as well Chuck, that tourny I was in was a good size tourny for up in these parts.. My pic with the biggest fish is still on the wall at the rod and gun club up here. It was the first tourny they had ever had, unfortunately I did not have any live well and never felt the need to invest in one..
So my tourny years ended then as it was to hard keeping them alive in coolers.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I've been trying to get my pictures to come up but the file is too big[&:]. I'm going to try to get some fishing done tomorrow sometime though. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Quick Reply: If you were a beginner bass fisherman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.