Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Bass fishing around Tampa, FL??? >

Bass fishing around Tampa, FL???

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Bass fishing around Tampa, FL???

Old 02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bass fishing around Tampa, FL???

Man those picks just get me EXCITED!!! The last big one I caught was a nice 8.2 that was 22 1/2 inches long, but that was back in 2000, since, I've only put a couple 5#-ers on shore or in the boat, and a bunch of 3-4 pounders.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm starting to get excited myself..
Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bringing an old one back from the dead here, I'm finalized on my trip down, looks like I'm driving down May 2-3, and staying until the morning of May 10th, then getting back on the road to come home. Chuck, if that offer is still open, I'd pay for all the bait and gas for the great opportunity. I may even start getting out a little here, now that the ice is completely gone and the weather has improved a little. Wow, I don't remember a winter ever seeming this LONG!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Lets' shoot for the 2nd.of May..a Friday..I can take off a day from work ..Before we go too far...I got a few questions..

1. I've got a small 10 foot jon..can you give me an estimate of your weight?

2. Are you coming to Lakeland to fish by yourself?

You will need to buy a 3 day fishing license..17.00 You will be coming to Lakeland on I -4 from Tampa..You will be about 40 minutes away..Once you exitoff of I-4 you will be about 2 miles from where we fish..If this trip pans out...I'll go out there and post the exit number and drive the exact mileage...Then , we will meet at a convience store..100 yards from the fishing turn off...You may be just in time for some serious hawgs..They are still off...that may only mean brighter fishing for April and May..

If this trip flies you can buy the license off line or down in Tampa. WE can split the shiner cost my friend..They cost 7.00 a dozen ..if we run out, the bait store isn't too far up the road..3 miles...I'd start with 4 dozen..I got all the tackle we will need. We will be using 20 lb Power Pro..I don't want your big bass getting off.
God bless,
Chuck7
Old 03-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Dominant Buck

PM read..let me know how Monday the 5th looks..
Expect a great time..

I 'd like to treat you to both of my favorite places..Fish Hook and Saddle Creek...same day..If we get a hawg in Saddle Creek we can drop it off to be mounted.Taxiermist..1 mile away..
I can have a packed lunch in the cooler with sodas or tea
Restaurant takes too much time..My wife makes some awesome chicken salad.
God bless,
C7

Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother and I fish the stick marsh about every year along with lake kissimmee. We'll being doing them the last 2 weeks in june. I'm looking forward to it.
Keep in mind the stickmarsh/farm 13 is catch and release.

Bobby
Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

That's about 100 miles from me..I've been wanting ot fish that buta freind of mine tells me my boat is too small..He says the gators are longer than my boat..he fishes it quite often..

How far is that place off the main highway...Highway 60?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, it is located at the Brevard and Oseola county line with canal 54 on the noth side of the Stick Marsh. Lake Cypress is assessable from Hwy 60 and 1000 yards apart from the stick marsh but you got to go to Fellsmere to access the Stickmarsh which is Babcock St. south from Palm Bay.
The gators are numerous and huge and are curious and lost there fear of man and a small jon boat with a dog would be a sure target for an attack.
A couple years ago I caught a 7lber at the dam which is to the extreme right/north when leaveing the ramp and if fishing the Stick Marsh( south of the ramp)it nothing but a flooded orange grove and a shallow running firetiger crankbait is good as well as a gold back rapala in which is always my favorite go to lure but heavy line is required cause the'll wrap you up every time so you got to hoist them and turn the're head around real quik.
When I get down there at the end of june I'll fishthe deep water and night fishing with a firetiger zara spook might be in order. When I fish with my brother when I go down there we usually fish about 18 hours a day and make a gazillion cast using strictly artificials and no net with a 14" limit for a bass to be counted. We also have big bass catagory and most pounds between the both of us and it can end up to be quite luxacractive or costly for him or me. I've beaten him in the last 5 yrs but last year I only beat him by 1.12 0z for two weeks of hard fishing. I lost a 8lber at lake kissimmee as I lipped him. That hurts.[:@]

Bobby