Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I need waterdogs

Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Banned

Default I need waterdogs

waterdogs, mudpuppies, salamanders ....... whatever you call them, I'd like to have a couple of hundred to fish with this spring. I like the 7" to 8" size and I live in central Arkansas. I'd drivea fair ways for a couple of coolers of them at a good price.

PM me - THANKS
Old 02-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I need waterdogs

Wow what a coincidence. I remember a fellow who was quite popular about 3 years ago who wanted some mud puppies too. I can't quite remember his name but it was something Max or max something ...I can't remember must be the age thing. He was quite a hunter, lived in Arkansas, hunted western elk and monster Kansas whitetail deer with a trad bow. He was always involved in some sort of issue with management with his adamant opposition to canned hunting. He was a true folk hero to some but unfortunately died an untimely early death at the hands of some over zealous mod. He is gone now but many of us remember him with fond memories. May his quest for mud puppies be granted and his line stay tight. Those were the days......
Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

damn that is a coincidence ? sounds like a hell of a guy, wish you could remember his name
Old 02-02-2008, 04:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Yup he was a heck of a guy and he along with a few others who also are among the missing when the bus was pushed off the cliffat Old Stone Fence, started the awareness of the issue of canned hunting here on HNI. The almighty advertising dollar stood in the way of good sportsmanship and ethical hunting. The people have gone but the fight rages on. Back then most didn't have a problem with shooting ananimal in a pen and calling it a hunt. Today I would say 95% of the members here abhor such a thought. Datamax and his predecessors Stealthy and Zelasny planted the seed. My....how the garden has grown. I think the waterdog guy lives somewhere near you. Check the bait shops and perhaps they can put you in touch with him. We call them mud puppies here in the north. Got to go, I am hosting a kids 14 and younger ice fishing derby today. Hope the weather cooperates.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think he's in a hospital, he had a spit personality problem. Doctor said it's the worst he has seen since he treated Sybil.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Haaaa good one Charlie. I forgot about Sybil. The "Great one" has many faces. Sometimes I like to try and count. The least he can do is let us know how many there were. He probably has lost count.
OBTW the Kids derby was a huge success. We must have had about 50 kids and most caught fish. It was hard because I had to rig most of them up with hand lines. I learned my lesson the last time and kept all my custom ice rods in the box. Those that didn't catch fish at least got to eat free hot dogs and soda out on the ice. They all got to blast through a big bag of Cosco candy bars.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go...have fun.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

you cannot beat live - they'll do they're own swimming, just flip softly into brush and HOLD ON there are no other baits like them
Old 02-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

You willing to drive to MN? I have a couple ponds full of them.