HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   What do you guys ride on the water with? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/227113-what-do-you-guys-ride-water.html)

solocamcan 01-13-2008 09:10 PM

What do you guys ride on the water with?

My boat 1999 Cobra with 200 2.5 literEFI Mercury.

Pat Curtis 01-20-2008 07:01 PM

RE: What do you guys ride on the water with?

asdf

Chuck7 01-20-2008 08:17 PM

[8D]Don't Laugh..it catches lots of fish..:D

The Rifleman 01-20-2008 08:45 PM

My buddy hasa old boat like Chucks, except it dont have any seats - you have to sit on the aluminum and it has a Maxwell House can floating in the middle of it - so you have something to bail it out with if it gets too deep.

It keeps the women from wanting to go fishing with us.

Chuck7 01-21-2008 05:27 AM

I love that boat..

Pros..
a.extremely low maintenace fees ..only one battery needed...little Nissan 4 H.P is easy ot work on.
b.Most of our lakes are small and unexcessible for bigger boats..I can push my down a bank and wench it back up .
c.it's an alum weld boat so it is not flimsy..very sturdy.
d. Serous fishermen flipour miles of cat tails..I can get into those tough spots where the big boats can't.
e. My freezer is always stocked with fish..the fish don't know what kind of boat ya got.;)
f. super fast loading and unloading at a boat ramp.

Cons..:(
a. I can only take one person fishing
b. I can't fish big lakes...too dangerous ..I'd loveto fish the Big O.
c. You have to be real careful casting with baitcasters..can hook the guy in the back.
d. Can't fish tournaments..

Over all...I love it...:)I've got plenty of money in myhobby money acountto upgrade..but right now I don't see the need.
Our lakes are very low and there are some places where I have the entire lake..they are totally unexcesable.
Tight lines,
C7

solocamcan 01-22-2008 02:38 PM

Nothing to laugh at Chuck, I had a absolute eye sore before I got this, it was bought brand new by my grandpa from Sears in 1971 I think,and I will NEVER catch as many fish in my "new to me" boat as I did in the old hand me down.

Pat Curtis 01-23-2008 03:49 PM

Yup, my buddy and I had a 10' plastic boat we bought from Dicks for about 3 years. LOVED it, fished most of the small lakes around me. Loading/unloading were very simple (slid in the back of our trucks). We only had a trolling motor on it.

We then upgraded to an OLD16' Starcraft fiberglass POS. It had a 10hp Merc, and a brand new Minn Kota 65# trolling motor up front. Good boat, sat 3..2 people with ease. Took a loss on it b/c I didn't want to deal with it anymore.

Now I have the '02Lund. It's a 16' Mr. Pike, but it's very wide. 75hp Merc, a nice step up from a 10hp tiller, lol. The boat was in mint condition when I got it last year, from my in-law's neighbor. Stored on a lift out of the water in a boat garage, then in his actual garage from fall till spring. Cleanest used boat I've ever seen..the guy was an insane neat freak. He made a great deal to me, even included a couple tubes, ropes, 4 rod holders, tons of extra's. I'm still pumped up that I actually got a good boat, after years of dealing with broken down junkers.

Chuck7 01-23-2008 05:10 PM

I love my little boat..:DMy wife and son has encouraged me to upgrade..I'll be straight with ya..I don't trust mechanics and wnated something I could either replace cheap or fix myself..

Plus..whereI live at I can fish every pit / lake in the city....except Lake Parker on a windy day..The pits are all filled with islands to get out of the wind..I have one decent bass lake that can only be fished by pushing a boat off a steep bank..Our lakes are low and the ramp/canal is dried up.I love it man..the entire 100 acres..for just me.:)Last year I got a lot of nice bass from there.Here's a picture of that jon boat slide off the hill area..:DThe area to the right of the cat tails is where I consistently catch good fish..it's a rock bar covered with hydrilla..4-6 foot deep...then goes down to 14 foot quick..
Your boats are very nice folks..;)

JoshKeller 01-23-2008 06:26 PM

lets just say my 35 gallon livewell just isnt big enough for 5 of MY bass.[8D]

mossberghunter93 01-24-2008 01:46 PM

well i got a dock on my half acre pond and accept when i go to canada on vacation thats all i need