Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 2008 HNI FISHING CONTEST RULES >

2008 HNI FISHING CONTEST RULES

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

2008 HNI FISHING CONTEST RULES

Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 AM

Default RE: 2008 HNI FISHING CONTEST RULES

Problem being that you can probably come up with so many different species that everyone wins atleast one... who wants that?
Old 12-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is only one species, BASS!

Guys everyone should have a time stamp on their digital camera. Set the time and date correctly and the date will be on the picture. It's not that complicated. Last year we had people making name tags and all kinds of crazy ass things. I don't think that's really necessary.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

As goherd said, your camera will have a date stamp on it, that will do, if you can get picture with a weight on it great of not, weigh the fish take its photo and put him back in the water. Post the pic, if it has a date great, if it has a weight great to, if it has neither fine, its about the fishing not winning a contest where there is no prize involved, if people are gonna cheat they are gonna cheat.

This rule has been thrown around fro a while with mixed results, pic with fish is all we need
Old 12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Spike

Last year we had people making name tags and all kinds of crazy ass things. I don't think that's really necessary.

I take offense at that sir "Crazy ass things" ..since I was the one using that..My mechanism on my camera is broken.
I was simply following the rules..[8D]..to post screen name and date.IF the fisherman can not be in the picture.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Spike

Teh reason for the tag was that some fishermen fish alone..and can't get their picture with the fish..

1. Will a tag be appropriate{with screen name} this year ifthe fisherman is alone??
Old 12-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

okay, Rule number 5 will be as follows

A picture of the fish, with or without person in it, weight to be posted with the fish and dated.

How does that sound???
Old 12-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Spike

Sounds good ....
Old 12-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is there gonna benorth and south divisions. Or are us northerners supposed to catch 8-10 pound bass like you southern guys have. Doesn't really seem fair.
I have to agree with goherd1111, on this one it would be real hard trying to catch an 8 pound smallmouth up this way...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

If everyone wants a north/south division we can come up with something like that, i was just trying to make it simple with biggest fish wins
Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buffdmac

Last year we had people making name tags and all kinds of crazy ass things. I don't think that's really necessary.

I take offense at that sir "Crazy ass things" ..since I was the one using that..My mechanism on my camera is broken.
I was simply following the rules..[8D]..to post screen name and date.IF the fisherman can not be in the picture.
Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone, just thought it was kind of silly.

Teh reason for the tag was that some fishermen fish alone..and can't get their picture with the fish..
I fish alone 99.9% of the time. Camera's also have a picture timer for that very reason. That is how I took all of the pictures of me and my fish.

If everyone wants a north/south division we can come up with something like that, i was just trying to make it simple with biggest fish wins
If I lived in Alabama, Florida, etc.I would also like the one/biggest fish rule.

Quick Reply: 2008 HNI FISHING CONTEST RULES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.