Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Ice Fishing Tournament >

Ice Fishing Tournament

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ice Fishing Tournament

Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ice Fishing Tournament

Is this big enuf for a big pike lethalconnection?????? Running 37".
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

how about this eye? my biggest is about 6" longerthis one was 27"
Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Thats a nice lookin pike you got there sandilands, i actually have yet to catch a big eye threw the ice but ive got a lead on a few good spots so hopefully i can change that. Here are a few big pike from last year

Thats only a few. i didnt get out as much as i will beable this year and my buddy(bottom pic) hit the lakes we always go to alot more and last year he got i believe 15 pike over 40". Its all about the right bait
Old 10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My best walleye through the ice is just over 32" and tipped the scales at 13.5lbs........ a cpl of yrs ago B4 digi cam. Thats not me in the pike pic but a guy I was out fishin with. Hooked that on a jig and minnow while fishin for eye's. What do you use for them pike??? Those are a good size! Tip-up and a goldeye is what I use most of the time.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I already knew going into this that I am going to be on the short end of the Pike catagory. I will catch a ton of pike this season but the lake I mainly fish doesn't produce the huge ones that other lakes do. A upper 30 inch is huge for my lake. I will pull out a few 32"+ walleye out of that lake though. And usually pull out a few nice large mouth!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Well for the BIG pike i use a few things, either 12" Jack Mackerel i pick up at the grocery store or i go to a pond that has a stocked trout and there are TONS of suckers in there and i catch a bunch of them (sometimes 16" suckers) and put them on a quickstrike rig and destroy. For numbers of pike i use a jig and minnow. But sometimes i have two tip-ups one with a big bait on it then another with a jig and minnow/smelt.But im trying a new bait this year and if it works out good ill let you guys know

This was my biggest pike last year while jigging. 30 1/2

But i had this jig and a smelt under a tip-up and a BIG pike destroyed it, had her at the hole and she was 40+ but she went horizontal, broke the hook and got away[&:]

But im hopin to hook into some nice eye's this year my buddy hooked into a few monsters last year at a lake i wasnt able to make it out to last year but i will this year, so hopefully i can add a few nice ones to my total, and the burbot, well we fish lakes that have some huge ones in it but we havent been able to pull any hawgs out........yet This was the biggest pulled out of the ice last year

Old 10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice burbot. Thats a good keeper size. We have some pigs up here too but my best is about 7lbs. Lakers are hard for me to come by and trout is all stocked and long distance from me.
My pike jigs are a little more beefy And I go barbless.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM

Yah the lakers for me i have to take a long trip to get to them and they are pretty hit and miss for me but other trout well lets just say i got a few honey holes for some 30+" trout

Yah up here all our hooks have to be barbless too, kinda sucks but i guess it gives the fish more of a chance, just have to keep the line tight
Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any ice fisherman from the northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin area?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do these fish have to be through the Ice or can they be river run fish? Also, how will the panfish be scored? By number or by length. I don't feel like going through 50 gills and adding up a total of each fishes length.

I am willing to join.

Quick Reply: Ice Fishing Tournament

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.