Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 I smell a fish fry.... >

I smell a fish fry....

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I smell a fish fry....

Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I smell a fish fry....

I was out fishing Monday evening and tried for some white perch and they hit pretty darn good. I also caught a couple smallmouths in the 3 - 3 1/2 pound range. I did not take a camera with me so sorry Chuck no pics of that evening but, I did take the wife and we had a great time..catching 23 nice humpbacks!!Here is a pic of a few of them..

Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I smell a fish fry....

here is a pic of 1 of them by itself..

Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

I know all about white perch Phil.I've caught plenty....and those are VERY NICE perch. They are also 5 STAR eatting...great fish and super fighters.
I'm goig ot Fish Hook Friday...I'll be using crank baits mostly...You got me worried some Phil ..talking about 18 inch smallmouths..
C7
Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats nice fish &sounds good- my new pc dosnt have that fish frysmell featurebut you could show us the fryed fish etc[8D]( hushpuppys?) if ya like as C7 did.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

You got me worried some Phil ..talking about 18 inch smallmouths..
Chuck

I have never fished this lake but once in my younger days so I know a little about it but not alot. But if this doesn't produce good results I know where i can get some of those anyways.. Some bass up here can get big so I am hoping to hook into one.... If i can pull this off you may very well have a reason to worry my friend...

Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Well Phil, . you know ,Fish Hook is loaded with big fish..Me and the boys have taken 4 out of there over 7 pounds this summer already. There have been numerous 10 pounders caught as well. It's a small lake which can be easily fished entirely in one day. It has gotten alot of publicity though and every fish has seen every lure imagineable. All I can hope for is a better presentation and no miss hook sets. The lake is strictly catch and release so those bigs ones are still there. I may fish all day there. I'm not fishing Sat..or Sunday...I really may fish the entire day. If it wasn't for you Phil I wouldn't be doing this...my rods would be hung up till crappie seson. I will be spinning, craniking and worming tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it wasn't for you Phil I wouldn't be doing this...my rods would be hung up till crappie seson.
Chuck

I certainly hopeI have not created any major changes of plans for you...But, whether in the tourney or notI would still be fishing someplace just the same. It is my way of getting away from it all and relaxing.. But reguardless who wins it will not bother me to badand I have learned somethingI may have never found out. Fishing for largemouths up here is like fishing for pickeral andI wouldn't have bothered catching any of them...