Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Good luck Phil

Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Good luck Phil

Thanks Phil..
I didn't get any posting size fish today but had a great time...Sometimes it's good to get alone ...My mother in law watches Aaron on Sat...so I go alone..I'm fortunate that my wife is not possessive..She enjoys being by herself garage saling or reading.

C7
Old 08-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I do not have anything to post either.. We went and fished the lake and had to leave early as well as the wife called my cell to let us know a thunderstorm with large hail was heading our way so we left the lake..We did loose prolly 7 bass in the 3 or 4 pound range as well as one that broke my sons line.. It was a good day out there but had to fight the wind with the double ender.. Just before the wife called we decided to try to catch some white perch after catching a couple on frogs.. We started hammering them in full sun then the wife called. We brought back 32 of them so it was a great day anyways. I also talked to 3 boaters who were fishing that place as well and they had no luck with the bass and only caught 5 perch as well.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I wrote my reply on the August finals thread..No matter what happens Phil I really appreciate the wonderful fellowship and sportsmanship conduct you have displayed..I've learned alot from you ..I'm serious. Next week is my last week before I return to the classroom..I'll be fishing my butt off. ..this week. I'm making Aaron a bed in my Explorer...I don't want him getting eatten by mosquitoes..HInt Hint..
Old 08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you for the compliment Chuck, It has been great fishing with the challenge going on. Though I do not really think I will be able to top any of those hawgs you have posted earlier I have found out something about those largemouths. I have never really tried to fish for them before. Now I find it great to fish for them and prolly never would have if I wasn't doing this as well..

Also becarefull out there with those gators man, I know you would not find me out there..
Old 08-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Thank you for the compliment Chuck, I was being serious Phil..It has been great fishing with the challenge going on. It's been very exciting fo rme as well.Though I do not really think I will be able to top any of those hawgs you have posted earlier I have found out something about those largemouths. I have never really tried to fish for them before. Now I find it great to fish for them and prolly never would have if I wasn't doing this as well..

Phil, I'd rather catch white perch and trout any day of the week.When I was young I chose the Bible college I went to ,primarily because of the bass fishing..just being honest. I've always used lured and have caught them up to 8 pounds on lures..I really don't bass fish that much and our bass taste nasty so I release them all.The last few years I've cut back drastically maybe about twice a monthI'll chuck a few lures . BUT..The last 3 years we've had these online tournaments..That has caused me to spend alot of money and have a lot of fun..I would never get out of bed 1 1/2 hours to fish in a gator infested pit..BUT because of Phil from Maine and Josh.I'll be there tomorrow.I put lights on the boat today...an dI fixed Aaron a place in the truck to sleep.I promiced I wouldn't fish the final with shiners so I'm using ever trick I know. I never dreamed it would be this hard to boat a 3 pounder in August.[&o]Night fishing is my last trick.If that don't work I'm skunked I guess.I know there are big ones there . I plan to fish everyday through Sat.

Thanks for making me a better fisherman Phil...My right arm is getting sore from casting so much.

PS I'm going to do something Josh told me to do last year...I'm fishing tomorrow with a 12" Bass Assassin worm...it's nice and scented with garlic oil too...Imagine..5:00 AM with a Texas rig 12" worm in that hydrilla along the shore line...I'm pumped man!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have no idea about using those rubber worms or how to rig them so I guess the most I can say is good luck Chuck...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
It was very slow this morning...You may be a visual learner like me so I took some photos on how to hook a rubber worm for fishing.This is the most popular method.It's called the Texas Rig. When you are done putting on the worm simply put on a smooth split shot BB size right above the rubber worm and you are done. Also, the most common size worm is 6 inches long. Also , if your serious about trying them out..don't buy any.Send me your address and I will set you up.I've got plenty of sinkers, worm hooks and worms..

First..

next..

You are now done...Pinch a smooth BB shot sinker snuggly against the worm and she is ready for the #1 bass bait in the USA. Note , the worm is embedded into the rubber to make it weedless.

One more thing...You can also fish the worm like this and I do all the time . Fish the way you normally do .Cast your Texas Rig in back of you. Lay your worm rod across your leg like I've got pictured..When you feel a little tap tap..That is a fish. QUICKLY!!! lay yout other rod down. Grab your worm rod and turn around toward the fish.. Point your rod tip low and toward the fish ..when the line is pull;ing away and tight SET THE HOOK!!! I catch fish like this everytime I fish..This way I can spinner fish and worm fish at the same time.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 AM

If you are going to fish plastics then you probably should invest in some wide gap offset worm hooks. It will increase your strike to catch ratio by a ton. That is probably your problem chuck with missing fish. Straight shank hooks also make the worm fall unnaturally causing the bigger smarter bass to ignore it.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
That fishing method is called drifting. It is deadly. Note...I have the rod tip high instead of drifting around my ankle.

The normal way as our friend has already explained...Cast the worm..Let it fall to the bottom and sit there a few seconds before bumping it..Then SLOWLY lift the rod up from the 10:00 position to about 11: 00 position. When you feel a little tap tap..may feel like a baby bluegill. quickly lower the rod ..tip toward fish .{8:00 position} When he has pulled out all the slack. Set the hook hard over your head..A little tiny tap can be a 9 pound fish..I'm for real ..
Old 08-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck,Thanks for showing those pictures also of texas rigging
as pictures are worth a thousand words.I cant post pictures so
that is why I gave him that website to see also.You and I both
know how good that texas rig is.Have you ever thrown any lizards
where you live at in florida?We have family that live in Destin and
Fort Walton beach and last time I was down that was one very hot
place in summer.Also very hot up here also and also getting very dry
now as we need rain bad.Good luck in your fishing before you head
back to school! Mike

Quick Reply: Good luck Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.