Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Good luck Phil

Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Good luck Phil

I am going to try out some striper lures on some of those largemouths in a few days.. 8 to 10 inch repalas as well as a few top water plugs. I thinkI am going to be needing some heavey rigging coming up.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil//please stop it. [&o]Your scaring the dickens out of me.I'm going to Fish hook tomorrow.That is where nearly all the big fish have been caught. And I caught 4 nice ones off of rubber worms...but that was back in spawning season..Feb.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Here is maybe why Saddle Creek has been off. I just read this in the paper.

"Saddle Creek was sprayed for hydrilla on Monday, but Roberts said fishing should be normal again by this weekend. "
Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is maybe why Saddle Creek has been off. I just read this in the paper.

"Saddle Creek was sprayed for hydrilla on Monday, but Roberts said fishing should be normal again by this weekend. "
Chuck

You are probaly right Chuck, so that is why you haven't posted another Hawg yet.... The lake I will be hittingI am not used to fishing it but, now that I have an idea on where to find them it should bring things around for me... I hope.. Check that last post I put in onI smell like a fish fry, that is a Maine largemouth. As Maine has been putting tight limits on bass up here as a rule to create trophy bassfishing lakes..
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Did some fishing tonight..[&:]lost a couple more nice ones..caught a couple tiny ones..The best one was right at dark..What happened?? I have no idea..except he pulled like a 5 pound or bigger.[:@]He was off before you could say Jack Sprat could eat no fat , his wife could eat no lean.[8D]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to here that you lost a big one Chuck, that was something like me only fishing that day with to lite of a hook. I will be heading down to that other lake in the morning and taking my 14 year old son as the camera man....I also hope he hooks into one of those hawgs as well..
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I glanced at my clock..it was 8:22 PM.
I also had a decent one at 7:30 PM with that...I'll be fishing in the eveings alot more..Remember . we are on the poor side of the moon.

C ya later Phil.
C7
Old 08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
90 % of my August fishing will be right here...Tonight I'm using a worm and a MTHnands jig..I was using a jig today as well on a Garcia baitcaster from Sweden...Matt's rod. My wife just likes to read so I ask if it would be ok if I spend the August evenings trying to beat Phil from Maine..She said ok..This is saddle Creek.. This part is about 100 acres and the only access is jon boat off the shore. The other side of th epark is about 500 acres..th ebig boats go there.The only canal going here is dried up. The deepest hole I've found is 34 foot. Lot's of hydrilla and big bass...lots of gators too. up to 13 foot.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's some pics I tool this evening of Saddle Creek. Thr rod to the right is a MTHand sjig with trailor.

Most of the lake bottom looks like this..wall to wall hydrilla, Easy to lose fish in.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will try to get a few pics today but the camera I am using is kind of blah compared to the one I am waiting on. I wish they would get it fixed soon. We do not have that stuff you call hydrilla... At least nothing that looks like that anyways. Here is a pic of the lake that I caught my first largemouth bass in.. Lake Pocomoonshine and I will try to post a few from Lake Boyden later on..As I will be hitting that lake today..Also the stuff we have to pull those largemouths thru is mostly lilly pads and they to can be tough going..BTW it looks like a nice place to fish and nice pics.. Thanks

Quick Reply: Good luck Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.