Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 2007 Tournament Winner >

2007 Tournament Winner

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

2007 Tournament Winner

Old 07-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: July ...semi finals

Hang on cause normally August is the best month for bass fishing up here
Phil

That is why Josh thought it would be fair..the south slows down alot this time of the year.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

the south slows down alot this time of the year.
Chuck

I honestly did not know that Chuck, soI am surprised to say the least.I have saw a few pics in the past of those giant bass that looked like they ate a basket ball in the mags. I thought that you maybe posting some like that or something. I still think you will show me up though.. Good luck in August..
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
If one used shiners..you can catch hawgs all year round down here. SInce you don't have the hawgs like we do in Florida I'd figure I'd just use artificail in August.. I'm going to have to fish better that's all.Our best summer time lure Phil is slowly drifting a Carolina worm rig or jig in deep cover..That's our best bet.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Phil,
If one used shiners..you can catch hawgs all year round down here. SInce you don't have the hawgs like we do in Florida I'd figure I'd just use artificail in August..

Hey Chuck, You are welcomed to use anything you want to use on them IMO. I am going to use whatever I want so, shouldn't you, besides we all like seeing those big hawgs you have been posting for us... Also I do not know for sure how it will go but, if any luck is on my side do not be surprized to see 1 or 2 in the 6 pound range... We sometimes catch those big ones fishing for white perch when we least expect it..
Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 PM

I vote he uses artificials as everyone else has used just artificials... and the whole bit about the bite being best in august up north only works for New England and other canadian borders. Any further south and the 90+ degree weather stops all bites. You just have to be able to change how you fish and only fish early or late in the day if possible.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Chuck, You are welcomed to use anything you want to use on them IMO. I am going to use whatever I want so, shouldn't you, besides we all like seeing those big hawgs you have been posting for us... Also I do not know for sure how it will go but, if any luck is on my side do not be surprized to see 1 or 2 in the 6 pound range... We sometimes catch those big ones fishing for white perch when we least expect it..
Phil

Love your attitude man..
c7
Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

indianahunter83,

You have a PM to read. Thank you......
Old 07-31-2007, 04:03 AM

Christine,

I read it and found it funny. If chuck thinks I am trying to take him down he is wrong. I just thought it would be most fair if he fished like Phil does... With artificials only. Only way it would be fair as a 6lb bass in Maine is like a 14lb bass in Florida.Yes Chuck and I disagree about how stupid some of the rules are of our self made tournament but I'm not going to hate him for it or anything. That would be a pointless waste of my time. A) I don't know chuck other than the fact he is a god loving man from florida B) this tournament is for nothing but bragging rights over a forum there is a good chance I won't be part of in a year (no time) C) as I stated in my email back to you all you have to do is go to any other forum in this place and you will see arguments. You are also way off base on why I quit. I didn't quit because of lack of time to fish. I would of had atleast 1 weekend to fish which would of gotten me a respectable 10lbs worth fo bass pretty easily. I quit because I did not feel it was in the best interest of the bass to be held out of water that long. I want my fisheries to stay as healthy as I can and having bass out of water in 90 degree weather is a sure fire way to cripple it.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

if you really want to cheat to win some tournament that doesn't mean anything then fine by me! On other note I will be lucky to have one fish for july because I don't have time to fish so I pretty much forfeit.

< Message edited by indianahunter83 -- 7/7/2007 9:08:09 AM
if you really want to cheat to win some tournament that doesn't mean anything then fine by me! On other note I will be lucky to have one fish for july because I don't have time to fish so I pretty much forfeit.

< Message edited by indianahunter83 -- 7/7/2007 9:08:09 AM [/quote]
B) this tournament is for nothing but bragging rights over a forum there is a good chance I won't be part of in a year (no time)

I did notifiy you on the board you had a PM, as many members do not realize they can "alert" to a PM from a fellow member. Any further communication will be done via email.
As per board rules your issue will not be discussed on the open board. Further more, if you have no plans on being a board member in the future and just want to cause trouble.... then leave now. There has been little if any trouble on this particular forum since it was put in place....it is not going to start now. Just an FYI........
Any concerns or questions please either email myself, another modertor or HNI Administration.

Thanks in advance....
Old 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Have a great day

Quick Reply: 2007 Tournament Winner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.