HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   fishin up north (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/194683-fishin-up-north.html)

rsbcon 06-17-2007 12:12 PM

fishin up north

Where are there some good lakes to fish with smallmouth, pike, walleye,and yellow perch? I live in missouri and looking for a fishing trip. I'm limited with a 15 foot express boat with 20hp motor. I would like it to be fairly close. Anyone have any suggestions?

_Dan 06-17-2007 12:20 PM

RE: fishin up north

When you say "up north" are you talking Missouri or Canada?

rsbcon 06-18-2007 11:16 AM

Canada or somewhere inbetween. Just as long as its not in Missouri.

Airsoft Dude 06-19-2007 01:59 PM

if your willing to go to michigan there is Lake Fenton in fenton michigan or near mackinaw there is a lake called paradise lake aka carp lake bolth are fairly good fishing!

rsbcon 06-19-2007 04:26 PM

Airsoft dude what kinda fish is in there? When is the best time to go? Thanks for the replys. If you guys need info on Missouri I will help you fellas out.

MN_Deerman 06-20-2007 06:38 AM

Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes. I live in the western part of the state and there are so many lakes that your biggest problem is figuring out which one you want to try that particular day.

PreacherTony 06-20-2007 08:46 AM

Western NY is probably one of the best places to fish for multiple species .....

Lake Erie is FULL of smallmouth bass, walleye, northern pike, bullhead, catfish, yellow perch, rainbow trout ....

Then there is the upper and lower Niagara river .... smallmouth, largemouth, northern pike, walleye, perch, carp, musky

And then, Lake Ontario ...... King Salmon, chinook, lake trout, borown trout, etc, etc .......

PreacherTony 06-20-2007 03:39 PM

Here's a pic of mybrother, nephewand me after a few hours on Lake Erie Saturday morning ..... the bass range from 15" - 19" ...... two walleye, 22" and 23" ..... and 3 yellow perch, 11", 13" and 14 1/2" (that's a big perch in anyone's book!...

TeeJay 06-20-2007 04:35 PM

No fish in MN man........shhhhhh

ORIGINAL: MN_Deerman

Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes. I live in the western part of the state and there are so many lakes that your biggest problem is figuring out which one you want to try that particular day.

mez 06-20-2007 05:09 PM

Don't overlook the MO river in SD. Great fishing from Chamberlin all the way to Mobridge. Walleye are king but the Smallies and Pike are also very good. Any time from now until the ice hits is good.

Should he be thinking about a Lake Erie trip with a 15 foot boat and 20hp motor?