Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

SMALL MOUTH

Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 AM

Default SMALL MOUTH

WHATS THE BEST BAIT FOR SMALL MOUTH. BECAUSE THERES A SPOT I'VE BEEN GOING 2 FOR ABOUT 1 YRAND THERE IS SMALL MOUTH OUT THA WAZOO BUT THE AINT HITTING NOTHIN
Old 06-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SMALL MOUTH

There isno "best bait" for smallmouth. They eat alot of things. Depends on conditions. Two baits that have always been consistant for me when smallmouth fishing are Rebel Crawdads and Zoom Flukes. By the way WVU SUCKS.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I second the Zoom Flukes. Get some of them in a pearl white color and watch how many hits you get.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Just about anylure will work tro catch a Smallmouth, what is important is the presentation of your lure to the fish.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

TUBE'sOLIVE COLOR
Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome Smallie muckland. Are catches like thatthe norm for you?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel Crawdads and like muck said tubes! I dont agree with him on just olive color, although it is one of the best colors to use but i have also found that you need to have brown, tan, light green, and PURPLE! the purple ones are hit and miss sometimes they wont touch em sometimes thats all they want?? All depends on the water i guess? ohh yeah and WHITE!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beehunter

Awesome Smallie muckland. Are catches like thatthe norm for you?
We catch alot of Bronzy in Lake Erie. I'st the norm to catch 80 to 100 smallies a trip between 2 guys if they knowwhat there doing. The big females are starting to go deep, will have to change up to soft crabs later in the summer.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Rebel Crawdads and like muck said tubes! I dont agree with him on just olive color, although it is one of the best colors to use but i have also found that you need to have brown, tan, light green, and PURPLE! the purple ones are hit and miss sometimes they wont touch em sometimes thats all they want?? All depends on the water i guess? ohh yeah and WHITE!
I have the best luck with the olive color, mainly resembles a round goby.
Erie is full of them. I do change up colors all the time, the ones you mentioned are all great colors. I try and match the water
Old 06-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I have the best luck with the olive color, mainly resembles a round goby.
Erie is full of them. I do change up colors all the time, the ones you mentioned are all great colors. I try and match the water

Muck if Erie is full of them may i suggest the ''Yo-Zuri Aile Goby''! I went smallmouth fishing with a buddy a few weeks ago and he outcaught fish probably 5 to 1 with one of these things! Too bad he only had one lure left[:@]! haha hope this helps!

Quick Reply: SMALL MOUTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.