Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Good day with the Ol' Man!!!!  (Updated with Kentucky Lake Pics.) >

Good day with the Ol' Man!!!! (Updated with Kentucky Lake Pics.)

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Good day with the Ol' Man!!!! (Updated with Kentucky Lake Pics.)

Old 05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good day with the Ol' Man!!!! (Updated with Kentucky Lake Pics.)

Well guys my folks came to visit on friday and just left this morning. I decided to take off work yesterday and do a little fishing with my old man. We went out twice. We fished from 7a.m. till about 1:30p.m. then decided to go in for some dinner and we hit the water again about 6:00p.m. and fished till a little after dark. It was honestly one of the better days as far as catching alot of fish that I have had all year. I would say we boated between 30-40 bass yesterday. It was a blast. And to have had such a great day with my father it was even more special. We caught 16 fish between 2-3 pounds, 4 fish over 3 pounds and I was lucky to catch two fish that were close to 5lbs. The largest fish of the day was caughton my last cast of the evening. It weighed 4lbs 11oz. I was also lucky enough to catch the largest fish of the morning session and it weighed in at 4lbs 8oz. The 4lbs 8oz. fish would have actually been larger but it had just spawned out and was looking pretty skinny and worn down. Dads largest fish of the day was just under 4lbs. Unfortunately,we didn't get a picture of it. The camera crapped out and we had to replace the batteries when we went in for dinner. Both of the bass pictured were caught on a carolina rigged black 4" power hawg. Here are a few pics of the two largest fish.

4lbs 11oz.

4lb. 8oz.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good day with the Ol' Man!!!!

Nice batch of bucket mouths
Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats partner...I can't pull your pictures up here at school but I'll check them out when I get home.
Nice sized fish..Our 4 pounders this year felt like 7 pounders.Must be the chemicals in the lakes. LOL Teenage Mutant Ninja Bass.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:18 PM

Sure you werent fishing at a pig farm cause those are some hogs you got thereCongrats.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

greta fish its hard for me to catch a bass a night
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

alright man, sounds like a great trip

BTW, how was kentucky lake????
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those look like some nice bass, Congrats, I have never caught any bucket mouths before up here.[:@]
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great day -congrats to ya both-& nice fishpictures.

(i was kinda wondering how many ppl fished after dark)
Old 05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrat's! Excellent mess!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

alright man, sounds like a great trip

BTW, how was kentucky lake????
M.T., Kentucky lake was beautiful we had a great time. I didn't have the best weekend of fishing however. It took me about a day to establish a pattern and finally start catching some fish. Fri. I struck out, only had 1 hit all day. Saturday was a little better I boated 10-15 fish with the biggest being about 2.5#. Sunday I only got to fish about 3 hours before we had to head home. I caught 5 on sunday morning but nothing with much size. As I mentioned we had a great time. Here are a few pics. Sorry theres no fish pictures but I didn't feel the need to pull out the camera on the dinks that I was catching.

Picture of me, hard at it

A few pictures of a beautiful sunset at a near by park.

My Fiance loves the turtles she had to get up close and personal with a few of them.

Here is the first live ground hog that I have ever got to pet. To beat it all he is eating a burrito.

And last but definately not least. Someone had just gotten married and we decided to steal their backdrop for a quick picture.

To make a long story short we had a great time even though I couldn't get on the fish very well. We ate a ton of food and enjoyed getting away for the weekend. BTW, if you are ever up in that area make sure you stop and eat at Patti's restaurant. They have awesome food.

Quick Reply: Good day with the Ol' Man!!!! (Updated with Kentucky Lake Pics.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.