Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Swim Jigs???

Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Swim Jigs???

Ok! so Ive been watching alot of fishing shows lately and the pros are all using swim jigs these days... They must have some subliminal messages during the show because While shopping at walmart tonight I saw a swim jig called the 'Chatter Frog' and this uncontrolable impulse made me throw it in the cart didnt even give it much thought at all just for some odd reason I just had to have it and after picking out what felt like a good color (pumpkin seed & charteuse) right in the cart it went.

Anyway I get home and start lookin at it then it dawns on me I have no idea how to use one...So here I am panicing ripping the package apart looking for instructions hope to find something that atleast showed the correct spot to tie the line to... LOL I assumed you tie the line to the swivel attached to the blade is that correct? Now how in the world do you fish one of these? too bad the fishing shows dont really emphasize on how the lures and presentations they are using work. any help will be appreciated. thanks
Old 05-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Swim Jigs???

True subliminal advertising was outlawed years ago. However the power of suggestion can lead to impulse buying.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Dominant Buck

"True subliminal advertising was outlawed years ago. However the power of suggestion can lead to impulse buying."

VERY TRUE !!!! I'm a FIRM believer in this and guard my heart in this area.We don't watch TV in our home and don't miss it too much..WEll, the other day I gotout oursmall portable TV we keep for hurriacanes and hooked it up. I tuned in to a fishing show..At the end of the show I found myself ordering 30.00 worth of jigging spoons from Cabelas.The TV is back in the closet..LOL However; knowing how powerful words are we need to becareful how we communicate to others..verbally and non verbally.I've been studying this principle for years..The Bible talks much about the power of our words...
Old 05-13-2007, 11:53 AM

A while back somebody here wrote that theyhad good luck witha chatterbait, and the next time I was at walmart I picked one up,looks like it might even work, but every time since then I've been fishing I'll pick it up and just kind of stare at it for a few minutes and kind of wonder just what exactly to do with it. My chatterbait hasn't even been wet yet.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya i have 5 chatterbaits, but no frog ones. i am iffy with them. and you tie on the swivel
Old 05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

"True subliminal advertising was outlawed years ago. However the power of suggestion can lead to impulse buying."

VERY TRUE !!!! I'm a FIRM believer in this and guard my heart in this area.We don't watch TV in our home and don't miss it too much..WEll, the other day I gotout oursmall portable TV we keep for hurriacanes and hooked it up. I tuned in to a fishing show..At the end of the show I found myself ordering 30.00 worth of jigging spoons from Cabelas.The TV is back in the closet..LOL However; knowing how powerful words are we need to becareful how we communicate to others..verbally and non verbally.I've been studying this principle for years..The Bible talks much about the power of our words...

You bet ya!! the tongue can be the sharpest sword.