Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Minn Kota Trolling motors >

Minn Kota Trolling motors

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Minn Kota Trolling motors

Old 05-09-2007, 07:24 AM
bigcountry

Default Minn Kota Trolling motors

I am in the market for a trolling motor. I have a jon boat and looking for transom type. So many on the market.

Anything wrong with the Endura? I do have it in brackess water sometimes. Wonder if I need to look at riptide?

For a jon boat in fresh water do I need anything over a 40ft-lb thrust?

Old 05-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Minn Kota Trolling motors

What size jon boat ya got Mark??

That is the question. I beleive mine in a 40 on mine right now and it's ok but I wouldn't want anything smaller. Here's my 40 pound thrust on a heavy duty 10 foot alumiweld.
Hey Mark, I'm also 32 pounds lighter than I was in this picture..God is helping me lose that weight.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
bigcountry

Thanks brother. I pray you lose that wieght. I pray every morning for ya, but i can pray for your wieght loss too.

I have a 14ft lowe. Will ahve to push at least 600lbs of poeple, and 50lbs of gear and my 25hp motor. I see all these nifty things out there. LIke 3X turning by minn kota, and extended handles, and tilt handles, battery power, etc.

Thinking of camo endura 46ft-lb thrust. But that 3X turning looks handy

Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks brother. I pray you lose that wieght.The picture is 312..I'm currently at 279...I've been eatting only twice a day..since Christmas..It comes off real slow at thistime in my life.I pray every morning for ya, but i can pray for your wieght loss too. I really appreciate that Mark..that is very kind of ya.

I have a 14ft lowe. Will ahve to push at least 600lbs of poeple, and 50lbs of gear and my 25hp motor. I see all these nifty things out there. LIke 3X turning by minn kota, and extended handles, and tilt handles, battery power, etc. I'm pushing roughly 600 pounds myself...I always buy Walmarts best battery...and mine Minn Kota is sufficient an di fish to about 12:0O lunch time. Also; where I fish at is trolling motor only...Your boat being 4 foot longer can make a little diffeence.Those Lowes are nice boats man. I'd stick with the basics on the trolling motor..If you want to spend some more money..get a depth finder.Minn Kota will malfunction on ya some but I know you can fix them. I just fixed mine...they are very easy to work on and repair. I also hooked my transducer to the bottom of my trolling motor. I simply drilled to 1/4 inch holes in the metal guard and attached a small block of pressure treated wood to it. I then mounted the transducer to the wood block .

Thinking of camo endura 46ft-lb thrust. But that 3X turning looks handy
I had a 48 pound Spider Minn Kota...ran the darn battery down too fast...plus...major problems with the armature..I still got it for parts.

One thing for sure...if your not happy you can take it back to Wally if you buy it at Walmart.. Also, parts are easy to get..and change out.
God bless,
C7
[align=right]
(in reply [/align]
Old 05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

One day as I was driving to my near by fishing place I hapened to glance out the back window..[:@][&:]OH NO!!!! My trolling motor had bumped off the bow and was doing flips down the asphault road. BANG *&()&* BANG! (&*)* Bang!...

I pulled over...heart sunken down and hoping for the best. Just a little cracked up on the head near the switch...I fixed it with electrical tape and JB Weld...Worked good for 2 more years. It was my 48 pound SPider..It would work now but needs that one keeper clip that keeps the armature from sliding on the main shaft.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
bigcountry

I only got one deep cycle 12v. Might have to get 2 for a 24 volt system. Thanks for the advise.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Mark ,I think the 12 volts go as far up as the 54 ...I'm not sure..I diffently would stay with the 12 volt system...anytime brother,
c7
Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you can get a current model minn kota 55 lb with maximizer, you'll be happy with it. i used to run a 54 lb thrust 12 v motor on my 17' glass boat thats over 900 lbs for just the hull, and it was fine for all but the windiest water. Of course now im running a 109 lb thrust, and wind doesnt matter anymore.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

i used to run a 54 lb thrust 12 v motor on my 17' glass boat
Josh.

OK they do make a 54 run by 12 volts...I'd get that puppy Mark..If it's too much money get Walmart's biggest..YOu'll be ok with anything over 40 if your not in strong wind. I was in 15 MPH wind yesterday though buddy and was just fine for fishing.I've got a Minn Cota Enduro 40 I used my kicker to get back to the ramp.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

out here the local lakes are electric motor only. Ive got a 40 lbs minn kota endura on the bow of my 14 foot mirro craft. its more then enough power I hardly ever set it past 3 on the forward speeds unless its getting ready to rain and I need to get off the water fast ill set it at 5 and it pulls the boat very swiftly across the lake once the momentum of the all the weight in the boat gets going it probably pulls me at about 7 mph. for a back up motor i have a 17 lbs minn kota on the transom just incase lol im not much of a paddling type if the motor quits or a prop breaks I have another motor on another battery or if I feel like it Ill switch the batteries around if one dies.

Quick Reply: Minn Kota Trolling motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.