Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Kentucky Lake???!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kentucky Lake???!!!

Hey guys, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to head down to Kentucky Lake for the weekend. I've never fished this lake so I'm going into this weekend kind of blind if you know what I mean. If any of you guys have fished this lake or had any experience with it at all let me know. It should be a fun trip. Weather is supposed to be nice. I'm taking my fiance so we will be fishing some and I'm sure she has some girlie things lined up, such as shopping[:'(] and eating out at the most expensive restaurant in town. Anyway, I should be able to get 2 solid days of fishing in. Hopefully, I can hook into one of those 3 or 4 pound smallies or 7 or 8 pound largemouths that I keep reading about everyone catching from the local fishing reports. I'll let you guys know how I did when I get back. Wish me luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Kentucky Lake???!!!

Good luck Go catch some nice ones
Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

No idea about the lake but, Good Luck to you and catch some big ones!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm a believer of moon patterns. There will be a full moon tomorrow..In most cases the fish will be off this weekend .I hope I'm wrong...however; I'm fishing live bait along with artificials just in case. I'll be at Legs Sat.
Have fun partner and post I hope ya post a big one.

Sunday mornign I'm going after slab sided bluegills in Lake Fish Hook
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Ive fished the lake three or four times, and its a pretty good fishery. I have caught alot of bass on lipless crankbaits, channel cats on bottom with night crawlers and fresh cut bait, crappie by trolling little jigs and road runners slowly and minnows on bobbers, and yellow perch on jigs tipped with minnows on bobbers and jigging them off the bottom. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Best of luck!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

goherd it has been several years since i have fished over there, but i have always caught fish in the canal between kentucky and barkley lake, i'll look at my map later and tell you some areas to try that i have fished in the past
Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

goherd it has been several years since i have fished over there, but i have always caught fish in the canal between kentucky and barkley lake, i'll look at my map later and tell you some areas to try that i have fished in the past
Thanks, M.T. I would appreciate that. Like I said i've never fished there before and any info would be helpful.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I'm heading out. Wish me luck. I will post my results when I return. I am taking my laptop with me so if I can get a WIFI connection I may keep you guys posted. GOHERD OUT!!!!!![8D]
Old 05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

goherd, my only map i found (south kent lake)i have spots marked in little and big richland creek, and birdsong creek at around the 100mi. channel marker, in my log i keep i had recorded catching fish around the "mustard flowers" don't remember who or why they were called mustard flowers except for being brite yellow[&:], we caught fish on buzzbaits early, then on secondary points in 8-10' foot on carolina rigged watermelon lizards and gourd green centipedes, also try flipping the buckbrush, good luck catch some good'uns

best of luck, also here the crappie are doing good, be carfull, that water gets narrow real quick when you leave the channel