HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Lightning Rod versus Team Diawa (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/189800-lightning-rod-versus-team-diawa.html)

Chuck7 04-27-2007 11:45 AM

Lightning Rod versus Team Diawa

My son and I have fished Lightning Rods now for a good 15 years. josh exhorted me a few times to fish a 7 footer after I complained of many hook set lost. I've been preaching ot Matt about how wonderful Team Diawa is..He said ,"No sweat dad, I'll be glad to take all of your old 6 foot Lightning Rod." he usually misses half of his fish. Here was his attitude today after fishing my Team Diawa..

" Pick me up one today dad." He only lost one fish all day on rubber worm. "Man , you no longer have to guess if you have a bite...you can really feel even the smallest." Alot of our fish were tiny..and they are much harder to catch on rubber worm. We were even catching those. He is hooked. He also wants a spool of Power Pro...no more worrying about broken lines..
Thank you Jesus for a wonderful day with my son.

Austin/WI 04-27-2007 11:48 AM

RE: Lightning Rod versus Team Diawa

I'll stick to my 6ft lightning rods. They're hard to beat for their price. I free line live bait most of the time and I am patient enough to let the fish really get a hold of the bait before I set the hook. No problems with missed hooksets here! I can't wait to get back home and get on the lake with my father, always nice to get out with the people you're closest to.

il coyote 04-27-2007 11:55 AM

I've never fished a 7 footer before, but have recently been convinced(albiet reluctantly) to go ahead and get one. I do fine with my 6 footers, but what the hey, ya know,I just kind of feel like spending some money.:D

Might even have to get a good camera while I'm in the mood.

Chuck7 04-27-2007 12:19 PM

I still use Lightning Rod my Rooster Tail is on a 6 1/2 footer..Very fun this morning..bu tfor hook sets. Can't beat a 7 footer for a worm rod. ;)

goherd1111 04-27-2007 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I still use Lightning Rod my Rooster Tail is on a 6 1/2 footer..Very fun this morning..bu tfor hook sets. Can't beat a 7 footer for a worm rod. ;)
Watch out chuck your starting to sound like a serious bass angler.;) It won't be long before bass is the only fish you will be chasing. Don't fall into the trap, I already have. :)[:-]

Chuck7 04-27-2007 02:56 PM

:D:DI hear that...I'm doing all this for ...my kids.;)
Actually , it's kind of like deer hunting. The challenge to lure Mrs. 10 pounder to bite..I'm really after that hawg..

I saw another man reeling in 1 pound bluegills this morning .I was very impressed...

JoshKeller 04-28-2007 01:00 AM

too bad i'm mostly using 7'6" and 7'11" rods for just about everything now.[8D]

Chuck7 04-28-2007 02:23 AM

too bad i'm mostly using 7'6" and 7'11" rods for just about everything now.[8D]

Josh

I'd have to get my ceilings raised so that the fans wouldn't get to them.;)

childers 04-28-2007 06:49 AM

team daiwa all the way

JoshKeller 04-28-2007 11:40 AM

with the advent of stronger, lighter graphite, dont be surprised if I'm throwing 8'6" rods in a few years.;)