HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Chatter Bait vs. Spinner bait? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/187034-chatter-bait-vs-spinner-bait.html)

bfulton77 04-04-2007 11:18 AM

Chatter Bait vs. Spinner bait?

Being a bass fisherman, Im hooked on the chatterbait. I still thow my good ol' spinnerbait, but I have had way better luck on the chatter. Maybe its because its something kinda new to the fish and they haven't seen it as much. Anyone else give up the spinnerbait for a chatter bait?

goherd1111 04-04-2007 12:52 PM

RE: Chatter Bait vs. Spinner bait?

Not yet, however, I just got home from Wally World not 5 minutes ago and boughttwo chatterbaits. I bought a chartreuse and white 3/8 ounce with a gold blade and I also bought a new chatter frog that should be killer up the lilly pads this summer on lake Jacksonville. By the way bfulton what color have you had the best luck with. This will be the first time I have tried them and didn't know what color to use. I have my best luck on white or chartreuse spinnerbaits so that is the color I chose.

Chuck7 04-04-2007 12:57 PM

Last Sat. I took a freind fishing for bass. I wanted to show him some action so I bought 2 dozen shiners. I normally worm fish but this fellow was hard up for some serious action. I've never used a chatter bait but will often chuck a white spinner bait. This is what happened the first hour...

I anchored at my honey hole..There was another boat going around this pond like tributary..Wham...I got a nice bass...wham I got a 2nd bass with in60 seconds. I'm hearing this loud chattering sound and a father and son were simply going oround this 2 acre pond spinning about 2 feet from the shore. Wham I got my 3rd bass...However; truthfully speaking by the time I hooked number three they had just caught 12. Each time they made the circle they caught at least 10 but only during the first hour ..hour and 1/2 Then it slowed down and they left. Their biggest fish was 3 pounds and our biggest Sat. was 3 . We caught 14 between us ..Those 2 caught about 25-30 bass ..using chatter baits.

So I saw first hand that they worked.

Rebel Hog 04-04-2007 01:22 PM

You have the Chatter Bait and the Chatter Buzz bait!

bfulton77 04-04-2007 02:58 PM

White with red or sliver blade.

grizzly_hackle36 04-04-2007 04:34 PM

Man, I'm glad you posted this. I saw them at Wally World last week-end and they went straight to the top of my "OOHH I GOTTA' HAVE THIS" list. I was wondering if they'd work.:D

indianahunter83 04-04-2007 09:00 PM

I looked at them at and figured they were a gimick... guess I will have to give them a try now!

JFergus7 04-04-2007 10:03 PM

I purchased a few of them last year and tried them on several ocassions without any luck. I was at BPS today and noticed that Booyah has a smaller version so I picked one up to try. I am really hoping that this year I will have better luck.