Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Who influenced you to start fishing. >

Who influenced you to start fishing.

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Who influenced you to start fishing.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Who influenced you to start fishing.

I'll go first. I was 6 years old and got a sorry , sorry rod , reel and tackle box. It must have cost 2.99 .I walked a mile to my best friend's house {Who is now a state trooper in Maryland} I caught my first bluegill. I was hooked. In the Maryland stream you didn't know if you woul dpull out a bluegill, white sucker , big fat eel or a little vreek chub. But..it was exciting. I loved to see my mom's face as I would bring home something. When I hooked this 14 " bass..I was addicted to fishing.

How about your story.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who influenced you to start fishing.

probably my dad or grandpa it was when i was like 3 or 4 so i cant remember but im glad they took me.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

my dad. He took meperchfishing in Ontario when i was 6.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad, grandfather, and God. I will cherish it forever.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

A grandfather taught me fishing and he passed away when I was 12. My father didn't have much to do with us. My mom and him divorced before I could remember it. I had seen my dad quite alot but, he had nothing to do with us. Also where I grew up was a brook nearby, and I can still here my mom trying to tell me not to go fishing down there! That didn't work to well as I was already hooked on fishing.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Dominant Buck

That's interesting Phil. I got a tough step dad when I was 5.Therefore; I fished as much as I could for the peace of mind as well as the excitement.
I hated school with a passion. I did not liketo read so my mom subscribed me to Sports Afield, Outdoor Life and Field and Stream. Those magazines helped me to read and gave me lots of ideas. I always wanted to fish in Florida for big bass ..and her I am.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad....My Mom still has a picture of me standing on the dock at Keuka Lake holding my Dad's 9 foot split bamboo fly rod...I was 4 years old at the time... It was the only fishing rod he owned at the time...

My paternal grandfather also influenced me..He loved to fish and I would often spend weekends at my grandparents' house and Grandpa and I would fish ... He always cleaned and cooked the fish, and I haven't had fish that tasted that good SINCE...

Another person who influenced in a positive piscatorial way was an older friend of my Dad's... He lived and breathed fishing and taught me how to tie my own jigs, flies, and ice fishing lures and how to catch fish with them...
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM

This stunning man that the ladies cant keep their hands off of
That would be my dad that got me into fishing, ever since i was pretty much able to walk ive been fishing all thanks too him

Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 PM

My grampa and my uncle who took us on a fishing trip on the Quebec side. I caught 4 smallie's and a 1 black crappie. I've been hooked ever since
Old 03-13-2007, 01:51 PM

My grandfather got me into fishing. My first fishing trip was on my 6th birthday. He got me a little 6' spinning rod-reel combo and my own tackle box. I was tickled pink when I hooked into my first fish, a little white perch. Somehow I also snagged a blue crab. I happily ate both that evening. After that, I was addicted to fishing and he got me addicted to hunting too. After he passed I quit for a bit, but now I'm back at it with a vengeance. I figure that of the many things he taught me, my love for the outdoors (thru hunting and fishing) is one that I value most. In a sense, I do it for him. He loved it and passed it on to me. I hope to do mypartto pass it onto others.

Quick Reply: Who influenced you to start fishing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.