HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   what about my man c7 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/144539-what-about-my-man-c7.html)

m.t.hands 06-08-2006 12:58 AM

what about my man c7

nice fish man

hope you don't mind me tootin your horn a little with the pic;), thats a good fish in anyones book;), like i said before good things happen to good people

Chuck7 06-08-2006 01:03 AM

RE: what about my man c7

Thanks Keith,

I don't know about the good man stuff. [8D]I'm pretty much dependent upon the Lord. So if there is anything good at all it's because of Him. I do appreciate the kindness my friend. I'll be out again this morning , this time before daylight. I'll be cranking with one rod and drifting a Carolina Rig with the other rod.
God bless,
Chuick 7

Dairy King 06-08-2006 01:11 AM

How much did that sucker weigh?

m.t.hands 06-08-2006 01:26 AM

I don't know about the good man stuff. [8D]I'm pretty much dependent upon the Lord
i hear you brother;),

Chuck7 06-08-2006 02:44 AM

How much did that sucker weigh?
Dairy King

8.2 She fought hard. Fact I just got back from Wally World to put on some fresh line. This line had quite a few kinks in it. I'm very fortunate she didn't bust the line. I wasn't going to trust the drag so I pushed in the botton on my baitcaster and used my thumb as the drag. When I netted her I knew she was heavier than a 6 .

RedAllison 06-08-2006 09:15 PM

WOW that's a boat FULLA ugly!!!

PLUS that's one of the most blatant cases of "Roland Martin Poses" ifn I ever did see one, stick that 4#er up INTO the camera and proclaim it as a "8#er"!!!

lmao, congrats C7 ;)
RA

sandilands 06-08-2006 09:18 PM

That beats any largemouth I ever caught....... congrats. ;)

Chuck7 06-09-2006 05:16 AM

Thanks for all of the kind replies. I weighed the bass twice with scales I had calibrated with post office scales. She was right at 8.2. She had a fat girth. She must of been eatting shad all night.;)I weighed her once in the net because I was afraid she might jump out. Then I weighed her free in the air.Same weight. So far she is my biggest I've gotten in the boat. I've hooked a lot more that never made it to the boat.
Chuck7

The Rev 06-09-2006 10:11 AM

What did you do with her bro?

Chuck7 06-09-2006 11:40 AM

Hey Rev,
I lowered her gently to the lake and as she swam off I prayed that she would live. She had no hook damage as the hook fell out of her once in the net. She should be 10 pounds next year. Most of th 4eguys here catch and release. There aer plenty of panfish for us who love to eat freshwater fish. I actually don't know anyone who keeps bass down here.
C7