Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Getting a boat for my birthday >

Getting a boat for my birthday

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Getting a boat for my birthday

Old 06-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Getting a boat for my birthday

I've been surfing ebay looking for a small engine ot put on my 10 footer. Just out of the blue my wife said why don't ya see what you can get for 2000 dollars. I said OK before she changed her mind.My wife is very fugile and doesn't waste money. She said she knows I fish alot and said I should get something nice or a new motor. After pondering the situation I'm looking for a 14 foot aluminum with a 15 horse . I plan to keep my 10 for the salt water flats. Any suggestions on checking out gas engines would be appreciated.
C7
Old 06-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Getting a boat for my birthday

Well...with much thought I decided to keep my 10 foot alumaweld. I called Cabelas and priced a 4 HP Nissan. They are about 1200 with free shipping and 3 year warranty. I only found 2 places locally that service them. One place said if I buy from Cabelas they would not service the motor for me. The other fellow from Tampa said he would not only service the motor but sell me the same one 200 dollars cheaper. SOLD...I just went and picked it up. It has it's own inline tank plus he gave me an extra one as well. Started the first crank .For whereI fish at it will serve me well.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats and i hope you are happy with it pal
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great...I usually get just a card for my b-day.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks fellows,
C7
Old 06-06-2006, 05:02 PM

See what happens when ya play nice...

Congrats Chuck, I know you'll like the lil motor. Heck they even painted it black, that alone will make it 10mph faster!!!

Now we just gotta save and talk her into that other 221 remaining horsepower!!!
RA
Old 06-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the reply Red.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

way to go man, that thing should give you yeeeeeaaaarrrrrsssss of service, and i'd bet it'll be pretty easy on fuel, now go catch some fish
Old 06-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Well...to be honest with ya. The man put it in a tank to demonstrate how it worked. Gss was pouring everywhere so he had to order a new tank. How ever; so I could beginfishing he gave me a new remote tank that fits nicely in the back of my boat. So I'm running on that baby. He says I can run all day onthe inlinetank of gas. A tank is only 1/3 of a gallon. He also said I can fish in salt water .Just make sure you flush it for a bout 5 inutes in a container of water when I get home. It's a 4 stroke so I don't mix any oil. I like that part. I'm going fishin this morning. Now I can hit a few places which were too far for the trolling motor before. The manual says not to run full throtle for 10 hours to allow it to break in. When I begin having grand children my wife and I have agreed to update toa bigger boat then.....maybe a 6 horse.Just kidding
Old 06-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Keith,

Thanks for encouraging me to catch fish this morning. Heres a picture of my bass pro rig. LOL The fish was caught on a fire tiger .She's 8.2

Quick Reply: Getting a boat for my birthday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.