Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 How do you rig your worms >

How do you rig your worms

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How do you rig your worms

Old 05-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you rig your worms

My boat's rod compartment is locked, but I think I have one already rigged. I'll snap a pic tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:48 AM
Dominant Buck

So your actually setting the hook once its swallowed ? I've been a spinner & rooster tail guy up until this year. First time using plastics. Caught the hell out of smallies on Moday with 5" power tubes. Heard good things about senkos, so figured I'd give em a try. Pd $6 for the bag.

My friend I've been using Texas Rig and the Carolina rig since 1983 when I moved to Florida. I've caught a ton of bass. BUT I've lost as much as I caught. I do not have the hang of setting the hook. Therefore I'm hoping the jig experiment works for me. I could have been winning this tournment easy as I've had some serious hawgs on but lost over 60 percent of my fish flipping. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. One day I may net 90 percent..the next day 10 percent...using and doing the same exact thing. I'm sick of it and hope the jig works. At least it appears the jig will truly be in the fishes mouth.

Here are the 2 rigs
http://www.bassfishingusa.com/Rigging/rigging1.html

I was like you about only using spinners until I moved to Florida. You will get bigger bass and alot of bites and fish. I can catch them when I cast but when I try jigging { Flipping} the worm around brush piles..I don't do so good. The deal is ..flipping them in heavy structure is usually where
the big gals are. Josh says I needa heavier longer rod..I almost bought one. If I miss fish jigging.. then I will buy one.
C7
Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 AM

so the senko's dont hold up well ? When using the o-ring , it goes in the center and use that to hold the hook.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I've never used them my friend.
C7