Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What have you caught the most bass on >

What have you caught the most bass on

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What have you caught the most bass on

Old 05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What have you caught the most bass on

But in the mid 90s I made a vow to try jigs whenever and wherever I would usually throw worms. Instantly my avg weight went up appx 1#. It might not catch the numbers of smaller fish, but I can catch those with the crankbaits and spinnerbaits.
for the guys asking about jigs, just like red was saying, when yougo fish don't take any other baits that day, throw the jig in the thickest goop, around every laydown, every stump, boat-docks, you will catch fish, could be the big fish your looking for, as far as color, my favorites on jig/pig/plastic trailer, black/blue, watermelon pumkin,and brown/red in that order, you will get confidence in a jig, BTW i have done this with several baits, slugo's, senko's, fishing the light stuff, finesse, is the toughest for me, although its fish catching power is great, i guess you could say i like to go with a broom pole and a well rope[:-], sometimes you gotta go little and light to get bit[&o]
Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

MTHands,
I still am unclear about the jigs. Do ya bump them slow like the Texas rig or flip them . I tried them both ways during the spawn and got no hits. Do you prefer 3/8 ,1/2 or 1/4 ounce. Do ya let them run or cross their eyes on the pick up?
Are these the jigs you are talking about??

Thanks,
Chcuk7
Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

man you ask a lot of questions chuckJ/K, for me the funnest thing to do is pitch and flip jigs, i prefer the medium weighted 7/16-1/2 ounce, although i have dropped to 1/4's when the bite gets tough, fish it for the most part just like you would a texas rigged worm, there are people that catch fish swimming jigs, but i have never faired very well trying to duplicate that, anytime your around shallow cover, stumps, brush, boat houses pitch the jig in and hang on, also you need to saine the water, hit every stitch of cover, both sides, and every pilling on a boathouse, soon enough you'll figure out what the fish are relating to, now let me throw a wrench into this mix, during the summer months i like to take a big 3/4-1 ounce jig and bust it thru the hydrilla and milfoil, i have done this (here one guntersville and on rayburn and toledo bend when i lived out in texas) but you must have some more kind of paitence to do it, i hope this is clearer than mudd now buddy, jigs will catch fish and like mentioned before useally better quality fish, look at denny bruer(sp) i'd bet that 900k of his first million was caught on a jig

oh yea, on the spawning fish, i'll stick with 3-4" tubes and lizards

hope that helps some, keith

p.s. more later,cause the bite can be very different,goto run
Old 05-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Keith..
I'll give her a try during the hot summer months. I have some nice deep brush islands. I 've never caught one on a jig yet. Only a crappie jig and I'm sure that doesn't count.
C7
Old 05-23-2006, 02:23 PM
G5

well, you talked me into it. saturday im going to give the jigs the big test. ive got a few in my bag, so ill let you know if i decide add them to my regular tackle or if they are going to continue to stay at home. thanks for all the advise though
Old 05-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Well my son is on leave from the military. I beleive we will use the # 1 lure of all time.....Wild Shiners
C7
Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

MTHands,
I still am unclear about the jigs. Do ya bump them slow like the Texas rig or flip them . I tried them both ways during the spawn and got no hits. Do you prefer 3/8 ,1/2 or 1/4 ounce. Do ya let them run or cross their eyes on the pick up?
Are these the jigs you are talking about??

Thanks,
Chcuk7

Chuck, that looks like an Eakins Jig?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Not sure Reb. I just typed in Bass Jig at school and tha tis what they gave me.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Not sure Reb. I just typed in Bass Jig at school and tha tis what they gave me.

Eakins' Jig

$5.29 - $6.29

Old 05-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok i like the rubber skirted jigs you cant find anymore here is the thing change it up swim it some in the summer and let it sink and bump it back to you and that is basically it i will tell you more later

Quick Reply: What have you caught the most bass on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.