Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What have you caught the most bass on >

What have you caught the most bass on

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What have you caught the most bass on

Old 05-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What have you caught the most bass on

most fish: 6" plastic worm or lizard
bigger fish:flipping a jig
most fun: up top
hate but work great: the big deep diven c/b's

most people catch the most on what they throw the most, and alot of people say they have never caught much on plastics, go figure, they all have a time and place and to nail down 1 bait that catches the most would be tough for me
Old 05-22-2006, 03:34 PM

Rapala Popper And Texas Rigs. Its about equal for me...Rapala X-Rap is catching up
Old 05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yammamto Senkos....works great for me.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

most people catch the most on what they throw the most,
MTHands.

Good observation Keith. Most of my lures I've got were picked off the trees that others lose. If after a few tries they don't produce I sell them at a garage sale. I only keep lures in my box that have been tried and true. When I don't do well I collect lures off trees. On my last garage sale a man came and gave me 50.00 for the whole lot...about 30 lures. Also Keith...people change lures if they change envirionments in which they fish. In Virginia my top lures were Mepps Comet , Rapala Sinking gold . and Rooster Tail. I switched to rubber worms .top water and weedless spinner baits when I came to Florida.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:18 PM

Tennessee shad chug bug/ 5" purple-black power worm/
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 PM

As far as "the most bass" on a particular style of bait it would hands down have to be crankbaits. I use them as "scout baits" to quickly find biting fish and I also like to throw them in messy cover where most people are afraid to throw them (causes reaction bites IMHO). I guess I learned that from being a Rick Clunn fan. I also throw spinnerbaits quit a bit as well. If I could only have one bait type it would have to be the spinnerbait, easily the most versatile bait on the market.

As for the "biggest fish" catcher I would have to say that easily is my love for jigs. I used to be a worm addict for about the first 10 yearsI grew up fishing. But in the mid 90s I made a vow to try jigs whenever and wherever I would usually throw worms. Instantly my avg weight went up appx 1#. It might not catch the numbers of smaller fish, but I can catch those with the crankbaits and spinnerbaits. For outright weight I just don't think you can beat a jig with some sort of plastic trailer.

SET DA DAYUM HOOK!!!
RA
Old 05-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

WEll, its been a rooster tail, yellow and a pink color. But thats the only thing I've threw, too. I want to try a plasticof some sort, but I haven't got enough time to read up on how to rig them, or how to retrieve and the such. Too lazy basically.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

As for the "biggest fish" catcher I would have to say that easily is my love for jigs.RED

Red...are you talking about those jigs you can buy at Walmart?? The weedless ones with a lead head.? If so..do you flip with those or cast them.I've never even gotten a hit off of those. I have a couple in my tackle box.
Thanks,
Chuck7
Old 05-23-2006, 09:11 AM
G5

i almost always use soft plastics of any kind, if i could only throw one thing all day it would be a toss up between a senko and finness worm, at leastuntil it gets really hot out then a c/b is the way to go.
But if i just want to get a fish in the boat the RAT L TRAP always works, those things are like cheating, idiot proof and they always seem to catch fish.

Im also curious about the jigs, i have thrown them before and never have much luck with them but i here a lot of people swear by them. How do fish them ? can you swim them ?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've probably caught themost bass on 6" plastic worms.
I like black w/ chartruse tail & tequila sunrise.
This probably goes along with the "what you throw
most" theory.
Biggest bass was takenon a big white spinner bait.
I've ALWAYS got one of these tied on.
I too really like the big weedlessjigs, especially with a
pork rind trailer (pig & jig). Tip: pour out some
of the liquid in the pig jar, replace it with your favorite
scent goo.

For the record, bass LOVE live bream.

PK

Quick Reply: What have you caught the most bass on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.