Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Best lure for bedding bass >

Best lure for bedding bass

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Best lure for bedding bass

Old 02-16-2006, 04:14 AM

Default RE: Best lure for bedding bass

On the lakes thatI fish in central Florida, the bigger bass move off the beds to deeper water during the day. After dark, we cruise the shoreline with a spotlight. When we find a bed with a big 'un on it, we mark the spot with glow tape and come back at midnight with a blacklight, and flouresantlineand fish the bed with Berkely Power Worms tipped off with a sliding bead.Yields many 10-14 pound fish.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the heads up. Those power worms are expensive.I like them too bu tcan't afford them. I know many of the pros here that also fish night time and catch monsters.Where in central Fl are you from? I'm from Lakeland.
Chuck7
Old 02-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont think bass really care about the color of line you use, On all my bass rigs I use 12 to 14 lb test trilene XT solar and 12 to 14lbs test Trilene tournament strength photochromic hi-vis. Last season I used fireline I like the stuff just hard to see. For pre spawn through the spawn I use soft jerk baits like the zoom fluke or bass assasin when the lunkers are stickin tight to their beds then I'll use a texas rig berkley 7 inch power worm and if they are stickin tight to the bed and not going for anything then I go radical to piss off the bass and use a chartreus or hot pink whacky worm rig and twitch right in their face usually the second or third cast gets them 90% of the time. during post spawn I'll go to deep diving crank baits or jigs and work the steep drop offs also during the post spawn i do alot of night fishing and catch some lunkers that come shallow to feed, on white spinner baits or rattle traps. those are my basic tactics they worked in missouri, kansas and arkasas when I lived in that part of the country and it also seems to work here in the Southwest.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

gotta luv a wacky worm worked slow croos the bed whew cant stand it also luv a jig
Old 02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Well fellers I'm gone out tomorrow. I see if I can get something nice enough to post.
C7

Old 02-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i do most of my bass fishing here in florida is in lime pits so it's a more confined area. i've had most of my luck with these fish trolling with a chartruese beetle spin. you can go around the shallower edge and catche really large bass and quite a number of large bluegill. all the times i've done it was with a med-light action spinning rod and real with 8# test. that's fun catching a 4+ ld fish on something so light. i've fished them with shiners but that wasn't during the spring. a friend of mine and i are going to go and fish with some really big wild shiners and try and catch some big ones in the next week or so.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Matt,

When they start biting good your welcome to fish with me at Tenoroc. We can have lunch afterwards. We can eat at the Whisle Junction smorgas board.You can't keep the fish but I'll have my digital ready in case ya get a monster. Tenoroc is about 2 miles off of 1 -4
10 miles from Polk City. I'm off from March 15th to 31st. I've only got a small jon boat but I got my bass fishin down pretty good. Much better than turkey huntin.We can fish the 18th if ya want the weekend before turkey season. do ya know how to flip??I mostly flip.
C7

Old 02-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright that sounds fun. i'm actually going to hunt the opener of private land turkey season that morning, the 18th. do you usually fish in the mornings or afternoons or both??? if you go in the afternoon we could meet for lunch and then go fishing, as long as i can find the place.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

The place is very easy to find. I always fish in the AM. I dock about 15 min.before day break. The restaurant is about 10 minutes away. I hope ya get one on the 18th.
Chuck7
Old 02-20-2006, 03:53 PM

OK your fishing seasons must sure be different than ours in Canada. Up here our seasons do not generally open until the bass are off the beds. Too easy to catch at that time. Maybe we have fewer bass & we can not afford to remove the fish off the beds & leave the fry unprotected to be ate by other fish at this time.

Quick Reply: Best lure for bedding bass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.