Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Got me a Boat!!!

Old 09-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got me a Boat!!!

well i already had my dad's canoe and kayak down here but i finally got a fishing boat!!! it's nothing special but its a 12 foot aluminum john boat. i found it out on some of my family's property. the thing's in seriously good condition. i'm working on getting a 2 horse and a trolling motor to go on it. i won't be using it on big lakes hopefully so it should work fine. i would have a pic but my sis's cat broke our digital camera!!![:@][:@]
Old 09-28-2005, 02:25 PM

Default RE: Got me a Boat!!!

awesome... me and my grandpa go out on his 10 ft johnboat alot and its great. congrats on the find and good luck to you
Old 09-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Good going and happy fishing.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Dominant Buck

That's all ya need .I have a ten footer and I can get to some tight spots and get a meal of fish anytime. It's great for flippping in tight cover too during spawning season. Only bad part...I can't fish on big lakes which get white caps . That is not smart. But...I hav elots of small lakes and pits to fish in. Since yo are limited with space I sure you are looking for a motor with it's own tank. Yamaha makes a 8 HP with an inline tank. I also made a nice live well out of a cooler for when I pan fish. If you put them on a stringer down here in Florida the gators will grab your stringer and tha tis bad. I glue one of those Walmart 20.00 airator in the botttom of the cooler. Guess which glue works and will last for years.Good ole Shoe Goo. It's water proof. Works like a charm. All the others did not work.
Chuck
Old 09-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

But...I hav elots of small lakes and pits to fish in. Since yo are limited with space I sure you are looking for a motor with it's own tank. Yamaha makes a 8 HP with an inline tank. I also made a nice live well out of a cooler for when I pan fish. If you put them on a stringer down here in Florida the gators will grab your stringer and tha tis bad. I glue one of those Walmart 20.00 airator in the botttom of the cooler. Guess which glue works and will last for years.Good ole Shoe Goo. It's water proof. Works like a charm. All the others did not work.
Chuck
i'm working on getting i think a 3 horse or something like that from a friend of mine. i don't need anything bigger than that right now. i'm also trying to get a trolling motor to put on the front. my friend has a livewell like that and i was thinking of getting one too. i'm also working on a removable fishing deck for the front. do you think that would work???
Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

great hunter06, that will be a great fish catching machine, try to keep weight down on anything you add, like the fishing deck, i did one years ago, with some aluminum angle and some .090" +\-sheet of aluminum, mine was welded in though, but it worked out pretty good. one great thing about a boat that size is you can get in some narrow water
Old 09-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

one great thing about a boat that size is you can get in some narrow water
yeah and plus i don't need a trailer for it. it fits right into the bed of my truck. i haven't gotten the motors for it but i can just take them off.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just get the big trolling motor from Walmart. it will move a boat that size pretty fast! When you get the motor, get a replacement prop, and heat the blades and bend them a little and you can get more speed.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Hunter, I have a 14foot john boat with a Minn-Kota 40T
W/36" shaft, 40lbs Thrust. No problems!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I hav ebeen spending more time on the Deer Post and Religion.

Sounds good to me. My 10 foot is very strong. It is a welded boat. I had a 3 1/2 Wizard on the back a 1953. I finally sold it as a collectors item. Did you mention carpeting it. It is real easy. Put contact cement on boat and carpet and then stick together avout 30 minutes later. the only problem I have noticed with the small boats are the casting. The guy in the front has to be very careful using baitcasters.
God bless and have fun,
Chuck

Quick Reply: Got me a Boat!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.