Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

The banjo minnow

Old 07-31-2005, 11:26 PM

Default The banjo minnow

The other night i was up late and i watched a imfomercial and babe winkleman was pushing some new thing but it acually looked good it is called the banjo minnow and i was wondering if any of you guys have used it because i was going to order some soon if you want to look go to www.banjominnow.tv well thanks bye
Old 07-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The banjo minnow

some new thing
Not so much of a new thing. I remember seeing those infomercials years ago.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:55 PM

have you ever tried them and the web site has new 05 ones
Old 08-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I've tried them... Not impressed. There are better things that I could spend my money on. If you dig all that TV hype, look for the Helicopter lure.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTER21

Yep, I've tried them... Not impressed. There are better things that I could spend my money on. If you dig all that TV hype, look for the Helicopter lure.
Big Lots has the Helicopter™ lure in stock right now , silliest piece of fisherman catching junk I've ever seen . The Banjo Minnow™ has indeed been around for about 5 years , I've only tried one once and caught nothing , which is more than I ever caught on the Flying lure™ ...
Old 08-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

A few years ago I bought a kit with the different banjo minnows and all the different hook/ weight combinations. They look OK and at the time they came out they were probably more realistic than most of the other junk out on the market. Todays soft baits are light years ahead and work better. I never really did much with the banjo stuff and to save space in my boat the box is sitting on the shelf in the garage. I remember the commercials when they came out and they promised that the fish would literally jump into the boat. They succeeded to only catch suckers like me.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 AM

they are the only thing i've ever bought off tv, they really work for me, i have caught everything on them , the only complaint from me would be they do not work well in a current.My friends still laugh at me and hum the "deliverence" banjo music when i put one on, but they do consistently catch me fish.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:36 PM

Ok then lets put it to a vote, vote if i should get them or get some thing else and i will tally votes for the something else too okay
Old 08-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to say those things worked great for me. Thank god I had them on our last trip to Canada. Nobody was catching anything on the entire lake until I put a banjo on. I couldn't stop catching largemouth. people started buying shiners and killing them so they could jerk them through cover like my banjo. I also fish the susquahanna for smallies a few times a week and they have produced when other lures haven't. I think alot of people immediately write lures off just because they're advertised on TV. I'm sure if they never had an infomercial, were made by Gary Yomamoto and used by Kevin Vandam to win a Classic everyone would be singing their praises.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:35 PM

I'm with you on that also, always worked great for me in the "right" situations.

slow moving water to standing water is best.

the only problem is you must pause a second before setting hooks to make sure hook is in mouth.

ponds, weedbeds, smaller streams. killed plenty of trout with them in lure only areas where everyone else was using fly rods.

Great great alternative lure when the typicals don't work, throw something they are not used to seeing.

Also started using little panfish rubber bodies and tiny hooks as a banjo and doing great with trout this year.

I guess the newer ones have harder rubber up front so the setup don't pull out or cast off as easy.

great lure in right situation. something worth having in that corner compartment for that "just incase" situation. Always produced fish every timeI tied one on.

Quick Reply: The banjo minnow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.