Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Nice little bass.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nice little bass.

I caught this nice "little" bass this evening, I don't have a scale yet but, I'm guessing it probably weighed around 2 1/2-3 lbs & was about 20 inches long. It would have probably went 4-5 lbs had it not been so skinny.. it had the head & mouth of a big bass anyway. lol I've hooked two bass in this same lake in the last two weeks that were just. . . BIG!

The first was on a Zoom Horny Toad running it on top, the bass missed it the first two times so, I paused the frog for a sec & she nailed it & the fight was on! It didn't last long though, the drag went out for a sec & then, SNAP.. the line broke. The second one was on a Berkley Minnow, & this one got down into the coontail & I broke the line trying to horse it out! Berkly Vanish line SUCKS!! lol I went & put on some P-Line Floroclear 10 lb test, It's great line. Now.. if I can just hook another big one!? lol
Later, Phil B.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Nice little bass.

its a fair fish. good catch
Old 07-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i caught a couple bass like that andmy unclesaid the reason they were like that was because the body of water was over populated.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice fish. probably a spawned out female.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree about the line. Walmart had spools on sale for 1.00 a spool .I bought 5 spools. Backlash / swirly cue city. I'm back to what I used for years Trilene 10 pound. In serious structure I use 20 lb Fireline. Trilene cast nice. No back lash ever. I work my drag everytime I fish. They do seem to hang up. I reset it before each trip. I have also lost too many on the same situation. As the reel sits arounds sometimes they stick at lest with spinning reels. Nice fish partner. My biggest so far for theis tournament is only 5 1/2 . Tha tis not good for Florida. I will fish August real hard. Good luck and God bless,
Chuck