Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 took oldest son fishing....... >

took oldest son fishing.......

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

took oldest son fishing.......

Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 AM

Default took oldest son fishing.......

I took my oldest son out fishing on sunday in a lil backwoods pond, he caught a nice 15" -1-3oz lrge mouth. ( pic is now gone from putr, not sure where it went) it (fishy) ended up breaking his reel [], which his uncle had given him.--good thing i dont go without at least 3 . -- then i ended catching a 15 1/2" --2lb bullpout, that truly made his day. other then for a few small perch and a bunch of pumpkin seeds, we didnt catch anymore until dark. (couple hours later ) then caught a 3 more smaller pout. but the bats had him a little nervous so we ended our day. (at his request )(he's 10). still had a blast. plus know he is hooked on using one of my spinning reels . went bk next day and got skunked!!![&o]
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: took oldest son fishing.......

web,
It's always a rewarding experiance to "Take a Kid Fishing". My brother was over with his 4 kids this past weekend. I live on a lake. The kids fished off dock and bank with 4-6lb test and closed faced reels. I keep 4 of these set ups just for panfish and the "Kids" who come over. Broke/trashed 1 reel and had to fix another[&o] They all caught fish and for some was 1st fish. Took the oldest out in boat and caught some bass,crappie,perch. He was tickled to death.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:37 AM

What is a Bullpout?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

wats a bull pout?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:45 PM

bullpout is another name for catfish.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for answering that question as I was a little curious too.

Introducing kids to the outdoors is a trully rewarding experience....both for you and the kids. My son is being introduced to as much as he wants at the currently tender age of 3. I cannot imagine that it will be more than two or three more years before he ends up sitting with me in a hunting blind (for company not to hunt). He has already taken to fishing. He caught his first two trout this year and had a blast.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ooh...thats weird but dont ask the names we call turkeys
Old 07-16-2005, 06:56 PM

your welcome, another name for them is also horned pout. the only problem/conflict i'm having with my oldest is that he doesnt want me to take his brothers or his sister. but i can only get away withthat so many times. my othertwo sons 9 (just turned today) and 5(will be in nov.) and my daughter who is 3, they also love to fish, so sometimes my oldest gets a little --lets see-- craanky- with me when we all go, oops forgot wife --hope she doesnt read this --lol--she also loves to fish. but have to agree that taking them all out is a blast, sometimes a hair pulling blast but is always very enjoyable. even on worst days wouldnt trade any of them in. I took them all out to a small backwoods pond in Thetford, and my youngest two , as soon as they,(with a little help, occasionally) would get there line out in water, boom they would have a fish, NOW 99% of time they didnt,but all in all is just Priceless!!!! OH i almost forgott, went to wally world yesterday to check out some differant rubber woms, and hooks, well my three younger ones( oldest was at grammy's) went "crazy" over all differant items in fishing ailse, because dad was lokking to buy something. if it was up to them i would have spent 250.00 on all sorts of lures for all fish---there again my thought was- this is just priceless-