HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   MY LINE BROKE!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/104009-my-line-broke.html)

i shoot stuff 06-27-2005 03:34 PM

MY LINE BROKE!!!

went fishin at the golf course my moms bf works at while they waterd the greens before we went to all u can eat stake ;). so anyways i saw one bass swimmin about 12 pounds it was huge. and the 2 bass i caught were2-3 pounders. and they were the small ones. i was gettin the cotton or whatever was floatin in the air into the lake so my texas rigged worm was in the water about 2-3 feet from the rock i was standin on then ill my loose line went out like a bat out of h*ll. and i thought i had a turtle this bass was so big. and i know theres huge snappers and softshells in there so im like foopa (my word dont ask) and when i get it up to the top i see the side of the bass and almot pee my pants. so i pull it into shore lay the poll down with a little slack. he gave me 2 or 3 tail slaps tryin to get back in and what happens? THE LINE BREAKS!!! i wanted to cry this was probably a 8-12 pound bass on 8 pound test well i yelled some unholy words outloud punched the golf cart. and i was usin a guy that works there at the golf courses reel and rod. well the 500 dollar stcroix rod and 200 dollar quantum real and 50 dollar line didnt hold up. even tho i know its my fault i still need something to blame right? well i will be goin back and catchin one of the 12-16 pounders in there.

Shootstuff4570 06-27-2005 04:05 PM

RE: MY LINE BROKE!!!

oooooo that sux!!

foopa (my word dont ask)
someones gotta ask....tell us!!

quigleysharps4570 06-27-2005 04:31 PM

What'd punching that golf cart accomplish?

Deerslayer_37 06-27-2005 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

i wanted to cry this was probably a 8-12 pound bass on 8 pound test well i yelled some unholy words outloud punched the golf cart. and i was usin a guy that works there at the golf courses reel and rod. well the 500 dollar stcroix rod and 200 dollar quantum real and 50 dollar line didnt hold up. even tho i know its my fault i still need something to blame right? well i will be goin back and catchin one of the 12-16 pounders in there.

Okay, i hate to pop your happy little dream world, but are you KIDDING? 12-16 pounders? have you caught one and weighed it to see if they were that big? judging by the way you wrote your story, i'd say you've never seen a bass over 5 lbs in your life. 50 dollar line? find me some line that costs 50 dollars and i'll pay you that much(no, i dont mean a 500 yard spool of power pro or something like thta). Too bad, St.Croix doesnt make a $500 rod. Their most expensive freshwater casting or spinning rod for the type of fishing most people do runs around $250, for a Legend Bass or Walleye Tournament rod.

slayer

MO_Bowhnter 06-27-2005 07:42 PM

Okay, i hate to pop your happy little dream world, but are you KIDDING? 12-16 pounders? have you caught one and weighed it to see if they were that big? judging by the way you wrote your story, i'd say you've never seen a bass over 5 lbs in your life. 50 dollar line? find me some line that costs 50 dollars and i'll pay you that much(no, i dont mean a 500 yard spool of power pro or something like thta). Too bad, St.Croix doesnt make a $500 rod. Their most expensive freshwater casting or spinning rod for the type of fishing most people do runs around $250, for a Legend Bass or Walleye Tournament rod.

slayer
I agree with everything here...ishootstuff those are some tall tales your telling.:D:D

i shoot stuff 06-27-2005 09:16 PM

i know i was exagerating about the price but i was kinda makin humor cause i know it was my fault. it was a joke. and deerslayer i have seen a bass over 5 pounds and iv couth them over 5 pounds. i know one guy that works with my moms bf that caught a 12 pounder out of there. and i also know that other people have caught them bigger. im talkin this pond is fished by maybe 10 people ever. including me. only about 2 people fish there now including me. these fish are huge. if i get a bigin out of there ill take a picture of it and post it.

bwhunter501 06-28-2005 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: quigleysharps4570

What'd punching that golf cart accomplish?
Self satisfaction:Dlol

bwhunter501 06-28-2005 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

slayer
ahh come on slayer let him tell his story. besides in everyones story the fish gets bigger everytime you tell it haha;)

i shoot stuff 06-28-2005 01:36 AM

u can believe me or not come here to ohio and ill take u fishing there. they are flippn huge. o yeah and hittin the golf cart. i umm have anger managment problems. one more fight and i get court orderd anger managment. and foopa. lol herd one of my freinds use it and i adopted it.

HighDesertWolf 06-28-2005 07:14 AM

I dont know what part of ohio you are at but from my experience and fishing around toledo the biggest bass I ever saw there was around 5 lbs and the biggest ive caught there was probably just shy of 4 lbs and most the folks up there say if you catch a bass bigger then 5 lbs you'd better mount it because thats a trophy for that part of the world. also ohio's state record for largemouth bass is just over 13 lbs. I highly doubt that pond has a 16 pound fish in it.